Go Down

Topic: [PROBLEM] Reset AX12 (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

thibautRe

Hi everybody ! I'm new on this forum, and i'm looking for some help...

I have got an AX12 (servo-motor) controlled by a serial communication with an arduino. The problem is that I don't know the current BAUD RATE of the AX12, and so i cannot control it.

I want to reset the BAUD RATE of the AX12 (which is 1.000.000, it's amazing !). I can change the baudrate by a serial instruction, but if I don't the frequency of the instruction i have to send, then i can not reset the baud rate....

I hope you understand the problem.

So I summarize : I want to reset the AX12, without using a serial instruction (because i don't know the baud rate of the instruction i would send).

Thanks

Thibaut.

PaulS

Post a link to the device in question. If it is a serial device, you can only talk to it using serial commands. Generally, there is a period of time, though, when it tries to determine the baud rate of the device talking to it. It is during this interval that you should be able to negotiate a new rate. We'd need to see the datasheet for the device, though, to be certain.

thibautRe

Thanks for your answer, I didn't know that the AX12 could determine the baud rate of the message he gets.

I forgot to post the datasheet, i'm sorry.

Here it is http://www.bde.enseeiht.fr/clubs/robot/files/AX-12A.pdf

Bye  XD

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy