Go Down

Topic: Seeeduino Stalker and a Cp2102 USB to UART convertor programming problem (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

I bought a couple of the version 1.0 of the Seeeduino Stalker (168), the price was great given the onboard RTC, battery backup, XBee adaptor, etc. 

I had purchased a couple of the Cp2102 USB to UART convertors and these (or similar) were needed as the Stalker does not have an onboard FTDI

I have the convertor connected to the Serial connector on the Stalker in the following fashion

Convertor                Stalker Serial Connector
5 V                               Vdd
Ground                         Ground
RX                                PD1(TXD)
TX                                PD0(RXD)
RST                              DTR

To test the system I just opened one of the examples, Blink, that did not work when I tried to upload.

For the board I chose all of the boards that had a ATMega168 onboard trying to find a mathc that would work and all I got was the "avrdude: stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp=0x00" error

I have seen a couple of posts here and on the net that used the Cp2102 chip convertor successfully with the Arduino IDE and they made the same connections I did between the convertor and the board.  Is there a setting or configuration change I need to make in the IDE to get this combo running?

PL2303HX                                   ATMEGA                                    Arduino Pin
       CHIP                                          CHIP                                            Board

PIN 1                                           PIN 2                                             Rx - 0
      PIN 5                                           PIN 3                                             Tx - 1

Connect a common ground between them (I use the USB Shielding solder point)

These are on the chip itself, not the 9 pin connector - small pitch, but a steady hand, Kynar Wire (Very fine) pre-tinned
and a magnifier do wonders.

2303 is same PO as 2102

Hope that helps
http://www.uk-pcb.co.uk - My UK Based PCB Fab & Assembly Company
Design work undertaken
SMD & Thru-Hole assembly

I don't think the 2302 and 2102 are that close as the datasheet for the 2102 has the RXD on pin 25 and TXD on pin 26.  I do not have the 9 pin connector only 6.  Another confusing issue for me is: I do not know what difference I would get if I connected the RXD and TXD directly from the pins of the chip and not the 6 pin connector provided.

I know I have the 5v and ground connected correctly as the program that was loaded on the board from the factory is running when I make the connections that I showed in the original post.

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131