Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: [project] connect air conditioning to the arduino  (Read 972 times)
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

I have the following project to accomplish, I have to connect an air conditioned to the internet and then controll him through the internet, so I thought to use the arduino. But I do not know how to do it, could you help me?

South Texas
Edison Member
View Profile

You need to get the schemtics for the AC unit, do some research on ethernet shields and temperature sensors.

Phoenix, Arizona USA
Faraday Member
Where's the beer?
View Profile

What kind of air conditioner? What kind of voltage/power are we talking about working with (not that you'll be working directly with the unit, hopefully - but it is something to know about)...?

I will not respond to Arduino help PM's from random forum users; if you have such a question, start a new topic thread.

Edison Member
Arduino rocks
View Profile

If the air conditioning unit has a remote control, you can program your Arduino to send the right IR commands to start/stop/adjust the unit.

Tesla Member
Arduino rocks
View Profile

An arduino with an ethernet shield and a relay like below should give basic on/off control.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SSR-25-DA-Solid-State-Relay-For-PID-Temperature-Controller-25A-Output-24V-380V-/180842481825?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a1b0d48a1

Consider the daffodil. And while you're doing that, I'll be over here, looking through your stuff.   smiley-cool

New Jersey
Faraday Member
View Profile

Consider a wifi shield instead of ethernet if you don't want to run cable. They are more pricey though.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: