Where can I buy well priced parts?

takao21106:
I sometimes see these surplus components can be more expensive than new components. As well sometimes they are old, and you will ecounter difficulties to aquire the same parts again in a year.

Yes - they certainly can be, which is why whatever you do, you should shop around. I would also only consider surplus for hobby use, not production. I tried to make that clear in my previous post.

takao21106:
A solution that works for me is to buy bulk quantities, not single components.

This works well for surplus, too (provided the vendor has enough); when I buy components surplus, I always buy way, way more than I'll probably use in my lifetime (as a hobbyist).

takao21106:
I am the opposite of a junk connoisseur, sometimes I use old parts from VCRs indeed but only if I don't have new parts available. There are good parts sometimes but you can't specify exactly what you need, or use let say 20 of them.

Components from devices are only realistic for hobbyist purposes, and if you are "desperate"; I consider such sources mainly only for mechanical or similar "larger" components, if they can't be sourced from somewhere else.

takao21106:
One really cheap surplus vendor I saw is Pollin Electronics, I never tried them myself but they have sortiments for good prices. I'd say this is hobby stuff and won't be used for professional circuits or circuits that are sold, but that's opinion.

I'll have to look them up (unless you have a link handy?); where are they "local" to?

takao21106:
Or I suggest that you team up with some people you know to share bulk purchases of components.

Even searching eBay, there are some moon price vendors, some regular vendors with good prices, if you search really hard, you typically can get it for 1/2 price. Well ordering from China can take 3 weeks to arrive.

As always, you need to price before you buy; as you mentioned, I've seen prices for some things surplus that could be gotten much cheaper from China. Best thing on Ebay is to find a good Chinese vendor and stick with 'em (Tayda is one I have used in the past, who had good communication, etc - which is why I posted the link). As long as you are willing to wait (when I make these kinds of purchases, I try to purchase bulk or multiple components from the Ebay store, just because of the long "lead time" to receipt).