Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Resetting the board?  (Read 423 times)
Edison Member
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

I noticed each time there's a serial connection to the board it does a Reset, is that normal? i could use a Serial connection to reset it via the pc then?.  i'm looking for a Reset in code....

Seattle, WA USA
Brattain Member
Seattle, WA USA
View Profile

I noticed each time there's a serial connection to the board it does a Reset, is that normal?
Yes, it is.

i could use a Serial connection to reset it via the pc then?
Is that easier than pushing the reset button?

i'm looking for a Reset in code....
You almost certainly should be looking to fix your code, instead. What problem are you trying to circumvent with a reset?

Edison Member
View Profile

Wiznet issue, every few days it just dies, resetting via serial port seems to work (it can hang with no connections being made...., and yes i have a heatsink and code works fine)

Germany
Walking on Nails
View Profile

Maybe this thread has something for you http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php/topic,58464.0.html. And some time ago I found a software reset function here or at Nick Gammon's forum.

loved the 68000 assembler back then and now I have to deal with THIS 8 bit thingy

Edison Member
View Profile

Just wondering perhaps its related to the way dynamic ip works? When the service provider randomly changes your external ip, perhaps it screws things up
maybe just getting a static ip will fix it, my friend had that problem with a similar ethernet related project

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: