Go Down

Topic: Servos, Motor Drivers and Outside Control Systems (Read 2521 times) previous topic - next topic

zoomkat

And also for zoomkat's code, I am getting the error:
when I try to verify or upload despite it uploading without errors earlier today.

I copied the code I posted, pasted it into the 1.0 IDE and uploaded it to my arduino. The standard servo I have connected to pin 7 with an external power supply worked as expected. Your servos seem to be somewhat specialized digital servos, but I would think they would operate as a standard servo. You probably need to sort out the compiling error and recheck your wiring.
Google forum search: Use Google Advanced Search and use Http://forum.arduino.cc/index in the "site or domain:" box.

AWOL

Your servos seem to be somewhat specialized digital servos,

The link said "analog".

At this point, I'd be reaching for my scope probes, and putting a print in "setup()" at least, just to see I'm not getting repeated resets.
"Pete, it's a fool looks for logic in the chambers of the human heart." Ulysses Everett McGill.
Do not send technical questions via personal messaging - they will be ignored.

mac55

MOVEMENT!! I went with an analog output and just uploaded the fade program and put the data pin into the pin where the light would normally go and now it is working. Exact control is going to be a little hard this way but I should be able to make it work. Thanks to everyone for helping with the servo issue. While I was doing that I also found out how to work the motor drivers. The only things now is some sort of real time control with a keyboard or game controller. Anyone have any ideas or suggestions for that?

AWOL

I went with an analog output and just uploaded the fade program and put the data pin into the pin where the light would normally go and now it is working.

Are you saying you're using a PWM output ("analogWrite") to drive your servo?
Is it getting warm?
"Pete, it's a fool looks for logic in the chambers of the human heart." Ulysses Everett McGill.
Do not send technical questions via personal messaging - they will be ignored.

mac55

Well I still have the outside power supply hooked up, I'm just using the pwm for the data pin. I haven't noticed any change in temperature but I'll keep a close eye on it if you think it might be a problem.

zoomkat

Are you saying you're using a PWM output ("analogWrite") to drive your servo? Is it getting warm?

You know, you would think they would learn to actually appropriately answer a technical question. No wonder so much stuff is screwed up.  :(
Google forum search: Use Google Advanced Search and use Http://forum.arduino.cc/index in the "site or domain:" box.

Go Up