Hello, I've dismantled a indoor/outdoor thermometer and I'd like to hack it and take control of it via Arduino.
Will it be possible to "take" control of the screen and read the sensors? Won't be a problem to remove the sensors to easily fit them on the arduino, but I'm puzzled about how to drive the liquid crystal display.
So here is the "thing" :
1. Just a switch that change the unit from celsius to fahrenheit
2. Switch to show Min temperature
3. Switch to show Max temperature
4. Unknown and unlabeled, what is this guy?
5. Resistor (S8050)
6. Switch to turn on a led for backlight illumination
7. Temperature sensor
8. I believe a Microprocessor?
Now, most of the things in the list can be ignored I believe, but how can I take control of this display?
All this run on a single AAA 1,5V battery, will the Arduino with his 5V just burn this out?
Thanks for help!