Go Down

Topic: MENWIZ: yet another character lcd menu wizard library (Read 78 times) previous topic - next topic

Silverdog63

- or your sketch does not include the file

yes it does ... it compiles perfecly on another computer ...

- or the library is unreachable by the ide

it's in the right location ... I also reinstalled .... so I think last chance is to reinstall the IDE ...

stretched59

I had this same problem and found that my copy of the menwiz.h library was different on the other computer. I usually copy my files onto a usb drive to move them between computers. I somehow managed to get a copy that did not have the #define BUTTON_SUPPORT line commented out. So if you don't have #include <buttons.h> in your sketch and the menwiz.h calls for it you get the error.

Silverdog63

Ciao,
I broke my  LCD, while waiting for the new one, I would like to know if it is possible to simulate the LCD output on the Serial Monitor on the PC, so I can check if my sketch is working ( I just want to see what is displayed on the LCD).
Something like the second example in this page ...
http://code.google.com/p/m2tklib/wiki/t07
Thanks

P.S.
Hi stretched59, it's a good idea ! I will try it.

brunialti

sorry, no serial simulation available.
as the lib displays for each draw call, it could produce a lot of serial output.
As far as i understand that library has e different implementation

aufruf

Jan 29, 2013, 10:26 pm Last Edit: Jan 29, 2013, 11:33 pm by aufruf Reason: 1
Hi all,

Looking for a nice and simple library I have found MENWIZ and hence would like to test it for my project. Unfortunately I face some issues setting up my LCD. Currently I still use the included LyquidCrystal library with my DFRobot LCD Shield.

This is what I use for initialization:

Code: [Select]
LiquidCrystal lcd(8, 9, 4, 5, 6, 7);

with

• 8 for RS

• 9 for E

• 4 for D4

• 5 for D5

• 6 for D6

• 7 for D7

What would be the equivalent for the New LiquidCrystal library?

Code: [Select]
LiquidCrystal_I2C lcd(???);

Do I need to remove the LyquidCrystal library from my libraries folder or can they coexist?

Many thanks in advance!

Go Up