Go Down

Topic: MENWIZ: yet another character lcd menu wizard library (Read 92578 times) previous topic - next topic

Qdeathstar

Mar 19, 2015, 04:33 am Last Edit: Mar 19, 2015, 05:13 am by Qdeathstar
Hello,

I was wondering where the debounce functions are? I am having a weird issue which seems to pop up after the arduino has been running for a day or so.

The issue is that it takes two button presses to exit out of the "splash screen", but when i'm navigating after exiting the "splash screen" the buttons respond as if they are being pressed twice. It seems like a issue with debounce, but i can't seem to figure out how menwiz handles that...

Thanks!

EDIT:

It has something to do with the addSplash function. The buttons only mess up if i press a button before the splash screen times out.

AlexLPD

Must be a timing problem... Po . A bloking code on the loop.... I try un one of my menus And evento with the splash screen nothing happenshappens.

Do you know if its posible to display different menus?

Like if b==3 draw.menu3()??? Or so?

I want to have different menus according a switch position.

-Alex

Qdeathstar

I was able to fix the issue by simulating a button press after exiting the splash screen....

I'm not sure about your problem but I think it might be possible, but would talk up a lot of sram

k4ktus

Is there something happening on the project?
I've checked now my loop times with menwizz, because I had trouble with modbus timeouts. And what I have found was a loop time of 270ms for drawing the screen.
That is quiet slow. I'd like warn the users a bit of this issue.
I already use a non blocking i2c communication, this was already a boost but it is still much to slow for time critical things what you normally do on a micro controller.
my blog and projects:
http://simons-holzvergaser.blogspot.com/

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy