Go Down

Topic: Flashing a sketch from SD card using 2boot bootloader (Read 14 times) previous topic - next topic

osbock

Do you want to work  together on this?
I have code for doing the hex file (from my bootdrive project) but I'm wondering if it's worth the space. It's only a small simple command to convert it.

I was going to try to squeeze it down to either:
1. get it out of the 4k bootloader zone (into at least the 2k zone)
2. add back serial programming. The Optiboot code is very small and should be easy to integrate (I ported it into my bootdrive code)

martin_bg

Yes, that would be great. I have doubts about the 2K target, I'd rather focus on fixing the 2boots if we go in that direction. I guess it is something really small that is missing to get it working.

My ideal bootloader will have these features, in order of importance:

* SD card flashing (only if new file is uploaded)
* EEPROM based firmware file name
* Serial programming
* .HEX rather than .BIN

With the EEPROM based firmware file name, the application may switch itself to a TFTP sketch that will run for 20 minutes and revert back to the original application. The TFTP will wait for incomming connection and if found will save the uploaded file to the SD card (new firmare)..

eudaldcp

May 08, 2012, 07:59 pm Last Edit: May 08, 2012, 08:01 pm by eudaldcp Reason: 1
i also have the code for loading from eeprom EDIT: I mean: the code for reading the filename from eeprom

:D

osbock

Cool. Can we agree to use one github? We can all be contributors, or we could designate one master and do forks/pulls.

Martin, I like the load only if new, and would incorporate that right away. The LED thing should be under ifdef with some defines to make it board dependent.
I have an idea how to handle this in the makefile (similar to 2boots).

martin_bg

I think it will be best to do it this way. As I am less experienced, I suggest you take the lead.

Go Up