Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Author Topic: Arduino Crashes on Mac OS X 10.7.3 (lion) when uploading to Uno  (Read 1798 times)
Tucson, AZ
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

What version of OS X did you upgrade from?  And how did you upgrade?  Directly from AppStore, burned DVD, thumb drive?

View Profile

wow, screencaptures are incredibly easy with quicktime and easy to upload to youtube.  Here is the link:

thank you again for still helping James C4S.

View Profile

What version of OS X did you upgrade from?  And how did you upgrade?  Directly from AppStore, burned DVD, thumb drive?

I upgraded from whatever was before snow leopard to snow leapord to get the app store.  Then I bought lion through the app store.

Fort Lauderdale, FL
Faraday Member
Baldengineer
View Profile

Well, the movie proves what you said... smiley-wink  Unfortunately, that's about all. 

I guess it is time to try 0023.

What happens if the Arduino isn't connected?  or if you select the wrong serial port? 

Capacitor Expert By Day, Enginerd by night.  ||  Personal Blog: www.baldengineer.com  || Electronics Tutorials for Beginners:  www.addohms.c

View Profile

YES!!! I just isolated that it was my operating system.  It turns out the same thing was happening to a printer app when I tried printing something.  Both the printer and the arduino seem to have gotten the information in tact (printed fine, uploaded code fine), but just seemed to crash when communication stopped?

My latest upgrade to lion I guess didn't go too smoothly, but a clean install has everything working well.

Thanks again!

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Jump to: