Go Down

Topic: Another bootloader @ 3.3v & internal 8MHz clock w/SD card... (Read 2 times) previous topic - next topic

retrolefty

(I have also tried to use the +5v output on the Arduino Duemilnove board to power the target board.. still no luck on burning a bootloader:

I get this message:  avrdude: stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp=0x15

What board selection did you use in the IDE just before you performed the burn bootloader option?

Lefty

xl97

(I have also tried to use the +5v output on the Arduino Duemilnove board to power the target board.. still no luck on burning a bootloader:

I get this message:  avrdude: stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp=0x15

What board selection did you use in the IDE just before you performed the burn bootloader option?

Lefty

Hi Lefty-

I was editing my post as you posted...

I fixed/found the problem.. just another noob mistake on my end (do they ever end?)  LOL..

I had the resistors between RESET and GND originally and not RESET AND +5v..

I fixed that and got the breadboard-3.3v/8MHz internal clock bootloader flashed..

thanks!

retrolefty

I fixed/found the problem.. just another noob mistake on my end (do they ever end?)  LOL..

Take it from an old salt, they never end. At best one can hope for is that the mistakes are new ones rather then just repeating the same mistakes over and over.  ;)

Lefty

xl97

LOL..

I hope I dont get that bad...

but it just one after another..

got bootloader on (finally)..
go to test the micro SD using the SimpleSDAudio lib...

no joy... change to Arduino duemilanove 2009 board..  works fine.. breadboard - 3.3v/8MHz internal clock = no worky:

http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php/board,8.0.html

oh well at least I have been learning.. at the cost of my sanity!  :)

xl97

Jan 10, 2013, 08:07 am Last Edit: Jan 12, 2013, 05:28 am by xl97 Reason: 1
ok..

well I updated the title.. :)

since I have the base +3.3v/8MHz internal clock Arduino going.....

I'll focus now on the two remaining issues at hand for this board:

1.) cant upload any sketches using IDE 1.0+.... I dont believe this is a board 'problem'.. just an IDE 1.0+ problem.. that needs some fixing, however I am not 'clear' on the fixes I read..

Confused on the correct directories I need to be working with..

I have a 'hardware' folder in my MAIN Arduino directory..

*   Arduino_1.0 >>
***   hardware >>
*****   arduino
*****   breadboard
*****   tools

and then I 'also' have a folder called 'hardware' in my sketches folder (that in My Documents >> Arduino)

* seems I need to add either an Arduino.h or a pins_arduino.h file to one of these directories?
* I need to edit my boards.txt file (the one located in the Arduino_1.0 >>> hardware >>> breadboard/boards.txt folder Im assuming?..not in My Documents >>> hardware >> breadboard/boards.txt

2.) (and this is probably the most important currently)  the SD card is NOT working.   :(

I have is set up as so:

SD PIN        >>>     Arduino
DAT2(9)        >>>      NOT USED
CD/CS (1)      >>>     D10
CMD/DI(2)     >>>      D11
VSS1/GND(3)  >>>     GND rail
VDD/V++(4)    >>>     +3.3v rail
CLK/SCK(5)    >>>     D13
VSS2/GND(6)  >>>     GND rail
DAT0/DO(7)   >>>     D12
DAT1(8)        >>>     NOT USED

I have a cap on VSS1 and VDD (+3.3v) pins.

this is an SD card 'adapter'... that I stick my micro SD cards in.. (I have soldered right angle headers on it, to fit in the breadboard.. this has worked before.. with lever shifters/voltage dividers, and Arduinos running @ 16MHz and +5v)

* I have tried many micro SD cards (at least 5)
* I have tried 3 different SD card adapter all with right angle headers that have worked in other non-minimal applications..

you think the software/libs need to be edited to work @ with a 8MHz board?

I was hoping/under the impression that using a bootloader that s native +3.3v & 8MHz internal clock would mean direct/easy interface with microSD?  :(

any ideas?

thanks!!

update:

SdInfo sketch gives this as my error message:

SdFat version: 20110902

type any character to start

card.init failed
SD errorCode: 0X1
SD errorData: 0X0

basically all sketches fail to init the card.. so Im 'missing' something..  :)

All voltages check out on the meter too.. (rails check out at +3.3v...  pins on chip are +3.3v...... pin on SD card is +3.3v...etc)

thanks for any suggestions on chasing this down!   :)

Go Up