I need to Get a 6v output instead of 5v

So basically I am trying to control a pan and tilt power head and to control it you need to give it a six volt supply in order for it to recognise the signal and move. So, I was wondering what's the best way to control it would be. Its got 4 controls up, down, left, right and I need to control them with the Arduino board.

You need to provide a link to the datasheet for the pan and tilt head

...R

I doubt it needs 6V control signals. But lets see the datasheet, therein are real answers.

I'm not sure what the data sheet is but this is the name of the pan tilt head. Hague PH Pan & Tilt Power Head 340
Thanks.

It does need a 6v signal I tested it with a volt meter and it also didn't work with the arduino 5V.

Jayomama:
I'm not sure what the data sheet is but this is the name of the pan tilt head. Hague PH Pan & Tilt Power Head 340
Thanks.

The name means nothing to us. Don't you have a document that explains how you use the things and how everything should be connected to it? The document that tells you that you need 6volts?

If this is something you got second-hand and you don't have a dataheet or user manual and you can't find one on the internet then please post some photos that clearly show any writing that is on the device and also all the connection points on it.

...R

I assume this is the device in question.

And the manufacturer doesn't provide any documentation regarding wiring, but that's no surprise - it's not really intended that you use it with your own controller.

It uses 4AA batteries for power so it is indeed working at 6V. I think it draws an Amp, so there's no way you can power it from the Arduino. You can control it though. You will need to figure out what the pinout is on the remote first though. There are seven connections, so I'll guess that you have vcc, gnd and one wire for each directional button, plus one more - frame ground perhaps.

If its a remote, not a logic interface, it could be switching power, not logic signals, direct in the remote. Reverse engineering the remote is needed to figure this out. The remote is probably a set of switches, perhaps can be replaced by relays?

Wild Bill I have already figured that out so what do I need to do to control it

This is what they do.

MarkT:
If its a remote, not a logic interface, it could be switching power, not logic signals, direct in the remote. Reverse engineering the remote is needed to figure this out. The remote is probably a set of switches, perhaps can be replaced by relays?

The remote is basically 4 buttons and they have a 6v init supply when one of them is pressed the circuit completes and send the 6v signal back to the Pan Tilt head.

So its switching motor power directly I think. How much current?

MarkT:
So its switching motor power directly I think. How much current?

1A I think.

How much current do you actually measure?

Hey, I just found something I think might help me but I just want to check what yous thin it is a 4-channel I2C-safe Bi-directional Logic Level Converter - BSS138.

Jayomama:
It does need a 6v signal I tested it with a volt meter and it also didn't work with the arduino 5V.

if you simply want 6 volt supply then you must use 9v cell with 10k resistance, and do clear with data sheet

Jack_Arsal:
if you simply want 6 volt supply then you must use 9v cell with 10k resistance

I'm very keen to hear the thinking behind that...