BLE (most of the time) not working while 9V battery powered

Hi everyone,

i'm experiencing some problmems with my Arduino 101. The BLE module seems to be not working if i power the Arduino with a 9V battery over the power jack or the power pins. However, it sometimes works, but i don't know what is diffrent, while it works. Even pressing the reset buttons multiple times doesn't help. Powered by a USB-Cable everything works fine everytime.

Do i need to update the firmware or something (if thats the case..wich firmware?) ?

Greetings

A regular 9 volt battery has a very short life on most Arduinos and is only really useful for short tests.

There was a 101 update but I suspect that would not help in this situation.

It is clear from your question that the power supplied by the USB is enough to keep it going as it is a constant current / voltage source unlike the battery which drains too quickly.

A better external source such as a LiPo or other rechargeable heavier duty battery would by my first choice.

Thank you for your reply,

i will test another power source as you recommended. Hopefully this does the trick, on the other hand i would still not know what the problem is :smiley:

a use a rechargeable for test with arduino 101 it works fine, check regulator circuit (TPS62153RGT) maybe it's not working properly. check arduino 101 schematics if you want to replace it, but i suggest another power source, i prefered to use a Li ion batery with a boost converter (to 5V).

Greetings.