Seeed Studio 2.8" V1.0 Shield Compatibility

I was wondering if this shield could be used with the Due. I do have the graphics working (slowly) on a Fez Domino and working well on the Chipkit UNO32 which are also 3.3V so there wouldn't be any voltage translation problems.

With the Chipkit I took the existing libraries for the ST7781R and changed the direct accessing of the ports to match the Uno32 ports. With the FEZ Domino I took a ILI9341 driver and changed the command calls to the commands of the ST7781R and also changed the direct accessing of the ports to match the shield.

Could I take the ST7781R libraries and modify the direct port access to match the appropriate pins on the Due with the shield?
Or could the UTFT library be modified to use the ST7781R?

Well since no one has replied I'll answer it myself. I have modified UTFT to work with the SeeedStudio V1.0 Shield available at Radio Shack.

HI,
Could you share your modifications to the UTFT library for the ST7781R? Trying to get an UNO to work using UTFT and a ST7781R based TFT.
Thanks in advance,
-S

Here is the modified UTFT Library. The changes are:

UTFT.h added 2 defines st7781 and SEEEDV10 to identify the St7781 and shield

st7781 folder in the UTFT\tftdrivers which contain initlcd.h and setxy.h for the ST7781

UTFT\hardware\arm\HW_SAM3X8E.h has been modified so if you use
#define SEEEDSTUDIO_SHIELD_V1_0 you will remap the 8 bit data buss to P2-P9 so you can plug in the SEEEDStudio Shield right into the Due.

If anyone is interested I also have modified the SEEEDStudio driver found on their WIKI page to work with the DUE

UTFT.zip (1.62 MB)

MicroNut:
With the Chipkit I took the existing libraries for the ST7781R and changed the direct accessing of the ports to match the Uno32 ports. With the FEZ Domino I took a ILI9341 driver and changed the command calls to the commands of the ST7781R and also changed the direct accessing of the ports to match the shield.

I have been struggling trying to get this shield to work on my Chipkit UNO32. Could you provide the modified library you have for this to work on the Uno32? Or can I just use the UTFT library you have uploaded?

I could not get the modified UTFT to work with the UNO32 I have although it looks like there is code for it. I did take the library that was posted on the SEEEDStudio wiki page for the V1 shield and modified it to work with the UNO32 and I'll post it if you are interested.

MicroNut:
I could not get the modified UTFT to work with the UNO32 I have although it looks like there is code for it. I did take the library that was posted on the SEEEDStudio wiki page for the V1 shield and modified it to work with the UNO32 and I'll post it if you are interested.

The funny thing is I did get this shield to work with the UTFT code that he had posted. But I would also be interested if you could post the Seeed library files that you modified. I already have some sketches written that utilize the Seeed library that I don't want to have to re-write.

Here is the modified SEEED Studio files as requested. The inputs are the same as the modified UTFT files I posted. The TouchScreen libraries have not been fully tested.

TFT.zip (594 KB)

Hi gmi109,

Do you have an example of code that works with UTFT + UNO?

Thank's

RAfael