[ASTROPHOTO] Autoguiding using an old webcam and an arduino

vendinleciel:
Can you give me more information aabout the system: wiring between stepper motor and driver controler, and with arduino pins and webcam (schematix picture if possible) and how start and stop the system.

Salut ! Je ne suis pas chez moi en ce moment, je ne peux donc pas te donner exactement la schématique du montage. Cependant, tout se trouve sur le net ainsi que dans mon code. Pour les branchements moteur-stepper driver tu peux regarder ici. La webcam est une webcam standard qui se branche via USB. Nimporte laquelle devrait faire l'affaire, a condition qu'elle permette de bien voir les étoiles (éventuellement changer l'objectif, comme je l'ai fait). Le reste du controle se fait avec OpenPHD, il y a des tutoriels sur le net ! Hésite pas si tu as des questions, j'essairai de répondre !

orly_andico:
However when using OpenPHD2 2.1.3a I was getting errors "ascom driver failed checking slewing" every time a guide pulse is sent to the mount?!?!? and I have to click the OK button on the error box that pops up.

This is possibly due to my lazyness, I only implemented the PulseGuide functions in the driver. If openPHD tries to slew the mount, it will fail because it will not respond. Do no try to slew the mount within openPHD. FYI I'm using openPHD 2.2.2g.

orly_andico:
Apparently a fix was added in OpenPHD 2.3.0 which allows PHD2 to ignore this type of error. When I upgraded to 2.3.1 the error still pops up but I now can guide. My challenge now is getting PEC working.

Good luck ! Don't hesitate to ask me stuff if you have any questions !