Water irrigation system - control three valves from one pin, how?

She cost of an Arduino is so cheap that normally we would not consider that you can easily control 10 valves on one pin.

If you have even seen a LED bar display that shows power level, like on a graphic equalizer, you know what I mean.
one LED or a different one, or a different one.....going up and down....

In any Arduino, the analog output pin can send out different levels of voltage.

You can create a circuit (wish I had my Forrest Mimms book handy) that uses op-amps/comparators, transistors, resistors and LED's on an analog signal to have one LED light at a time as the voltage changes.

power level circuit
this shows how you can have each light come on at a voltage, but stay on. so two or three would be lit at at time.
you need a duplicate one that turns off as the voltage increases. a window comparator circuit.

Most of us would user either an I2C port expander a Shift Register, or get a larger pin count Arduino board.

So, the answer is definitely YES.
Since you are asking, the ability for you to make the circuit is a bit of a steep learning curve, but not more than an advanced beginner level.

The cost will be much higher than buying a new Arduino.

The time to make one is much longer than to get a second UNO, or a MEGA and just use individual pins.

Since you can get a 16 pin port expander and run it on I2C from 2 pins, there is a simple solution.
but if your goal is to learn about electronic circuits and you don't mind making circuit boards, you can get to your goal that way too.