Arduino Nano 33 IoT is not listed in board section

Hello Community!

I just added the Arduino SAM core to the IDE to be able to work with the Arduino Nano 33 IoT, but I'm not able to see the board listed on the boards' section.

I'm using the latest version of Arduino (1.8.10) on Linux and Mac computers, but the result is the same. (see image attached)

Someone else has experienced the same issue? I would appreciate any suggestion!

NOTE: I verified all the boards listed on my IDE, but the Nano 33 is not listed in any of them.

Thanks!

Note that it's Arduino SAMD Boards core, not Arduino SAM Boards that supports the Nano 33 IoT. From your screenshot, I can see you have Arduino SAMD Boards installed, but it must be an old version. Please do this:

• Tools > Board > Boards Manager
  • Wait for the download to finish.
  • Scroll down through the cores list until you see "Arduino SAMD Boards". Click on it.
  • Click the "Update" button.
  • Wait for the update to finish.
  • Confirm that Arduino SAMD Boards entry in the list now shows that you have version 1.8.3 installed.
  • Click the "Close" button.

You should now see a Tools > Board > Arduino NANO 33 IoT menu option.

Hey Pert, thanks for your help! The board is already listed. :slight_smile:

You're welcome. I'm glad to hear it's working now. Enjoy!
Per

---UPDATE - Fixed---
By looking at the debug output I can see that it is "ARDUINO_SAMD_NANO_33_IOT"

Hi,
I'm having a slightly different problem. I have a single script with different boards (ESP, etc.) that use different wifi libraries. The below works fine for others, but not for nano 33 iot:

#ifdef SAMD_NANO_33_IOT
#include <WiFiNINA.h>
#define BOARDTYPE "Arduino Nano 33 IOT"
#endif

I verified in the boards.txt that it is listed identically. (located here: C://AppData/Local/Arduino15/packages/arduino/hardware/samd/1.8.3/ )

From boards.txt:
nano_33_iot.build.board=SAMD_NANO_33_IOT

Any ideas?