"Arduino skeleton shield"

How many times you spend hours building, each pin on the arduino all going to different sensors, you get it working... you move it to another room, power it up... then you notice you meant "25.1" or some small error etc etc, you need to take the entire project sensors back to a different room...

How about a breakout for every pin, take the riser pins like an ethernet shield, you plug in all the pins on the extension pieces, and that just sockets in and out... when you bring it back you lower the pin shield back down in one piece and continue the project, a blank shield which does nothing more than allowing you to simply pull it apart as 2 pieces...

Normally I'd reprogram another chip and swap them than pull out 16 cables to have to painfully reconnect them all between two places...

So when's the skeleton shield ready to be ordered? :slight_smile:

cjdelphi:
How many times you spend hours building, each pin on the arduino all going to different sensors, you get it working... you move it to another room, power it up... then you notice you meant "25.1" or some small error etc etc, you need to take the entire project sensors back to a different room...

How about a breakout for every pin, take the riser pins like an ethernet shield, you plug in all the pins on the extension pieces, and that just sockets in and out... when you bring it back you lower the pin shield back down in one piece and continue the project, a blank shield which does nothing more than allowing you to simply pull it apart as 2 pieces...

Normally I'd reprogram another chip and swap them than pull out 16 cables to have to painfully reconnect them all between two places...

So when's the skeleton shield ready to be ordered? :slight_smile:

Not certain what you want here, but a protoshield with through pins (male on the bottom and female on the top) seems like the answer. Or have I got it completely wrong?

How about a screw shield?

I was also thinking last night, how about a ZIF socket, have your sensor connections made to a bare socket that you move back & forth.

Or use a portable programmer like this, just have your files on a SD card.