Go Down

Topic: Your latest purchase (Read 455720 times) previous topic - next topic

TomGeorge

The blue ringed one i find  particularly useful though, it is the necessary tool for defusing a suitcase nuke 
Ahh I must get one..... :o :o
Everything runs on smoke, let the smoke out, it stops running....

TomGeorge

:o
I have never seen a suitcase nuke. if it is so common that you need tools for them down-under, perhaps i will stay right here. ;)  :o

~Travis
We have many animals with pouches, small suitcase nuke, exploding Koala, very dangerous and could be in any gumtree, ready to drop.  :o :o :o

Henry_Best

We have many animals with pouches, small suitcase nuke, exploding Koala, very dangerous and could be in any gumtree, ready to drop.  :o :o :o
I'd heard that drop bears are dangerous, but I didn't realise that they carried nuke suitcases.
An Arduino Geiger counter might be useful.

TomGeorge

I'd heard that drop bears are dangerous, but I didn't realise that they carried nuke suitcases.
An Arduino Geiger counter might be useful.
Ahh yes, I love the sound of falling drop bears on an April morning!!!!!!
https://australianmuseum.net.au/drop-bear
Tom... :o

TomGeorge

Feb 11, 2018, 10:03 pm Last Edit: Feb 11, 2018, 10:07 pm by TomGeorge
Hi,

Once they get into the Jack-Daniels they are uncontrollable.
Tom. :o   :o   :o

TomGeorge

Hi,
The PCB doesn't look as though its been cleaned with anything decent, even isopropyl does a better job with a toothbrush.
For a start it looked like bits of paper towel had been caught on the wire ends,

Tom.. :)

GoForSmoke

Hi,
The PCB doesn't look as though its been cleaned with anything decent, even isopropyl does a better job with a toothbrush.
For a start it looked like bits of paper towel had been caught on the wire ends,

Tom.. :)
Those look like hairline traces to me. If the board was bare, I'd say it's time to go for smoke! Put a few amps of 12V through those and pffffttt, those glitches be gone! But with a populated board that'd be real stupid.....

Use a tip on a small cutter or a razor to cut all those hairline bridges on the top part of that board. That board looks very REJECT but cleaned up will probably work just fine.

My Z-80 machine had a worse mobo, it only worked when it was twisted a bit. It got put on "customized" standoffs that kept it twisted enough to run like a champ. Hey, I got it for less than half price and it did run.
1) http://gammon.com.au/blink  <-- tasking Arduino 1-2-3
2) http://gammon.com.au/serial <-- techniques howto
3) http://gammon.com.au/interrupts
Your sketch can sense ongoing process events in time.
Your sketch can make events to control it over time.

wilykat

ATTiny10 from Digikey (30 cents each, they were more expensive on eBay and Aliexpress), tiny piezo, some tiny button batteries, and a SOT23 breakout for one to experiment.

My plan is to sandwich the battery between piezo and ATTiny10, solder em all deadbug, use piece of paper on battery contact to keep it powered off until I am ready. The code will wait some minutes before making noise.

Pull paper tab, drop it in discreet places, walk away.

TomGeorge

ATTiny10 from Digikey (30 cents each, they were more expensive on eBay and Aliexpress), tiny piezo, some tiny button batteries, and a SOT23 breakout for one to experiment.

My plan is to sandwich the battery between piezo and ATTiny10, solder em all deadbug, use piece of paper on battery contact to keep it powered off until I am ready. The code will wait some minutes before making noise.

Pull paper tab, drop it in discreet places, walk away.
As long as the sound isn't TICKING and you don't have a BLUE, RED and WHITE wire looping around it.

TKall

Feb 14, 2018, 03:24 am Last Edit: Feb 14, 2018, 03:25 am by TKall
Five more of these little beauties from Ada.  https://www.adafruit.com/product/1895

And two:  Zigbee / 802.15.4 Modules Xbee-PRO XSC S3B 900MHz, 250mW RPSMA

Robin2

and you don't have a BLUE, RED and WHITE wire looping around it.
We dealt with that fully here

...R
Two or three hours spent thinking and reading documentation solves most programming problems.

ChrisTenone

Hi,

Once they get into the Jack-Daniels they are uncontrollable.
Tom. :o   :o   :o

Cow With Guns
Atmosphere carries combustion vapors to places where they will do good instead of harm - Mike Faraday's 'History of a Candle': https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6W0MHZ4jb4A

Whoops ::)

TomGeorge

Feb 15, 2018, 10:27 am Last Edit: Feb 15, 2018, 10:32 am by TomGeorge
Hi,
I bought one of these cheapo fitbit watches, $30.00.

Does pedometer, Kcal, heartrate, blood oxygenetc
And claims to do blood pressure.

It needed a smarty phone to talk to, and as I didn't have one, I offered to buy it for my step-daughter for her birthday, as she walks and jogs each day to keep her weight down and joints active due to Rheumatoid Arthritis.

I was intrigued as to how they measure blood pressure.
Well the watch like the other fitness thingyies only has the LED and sensor to detect  blood flow for heartrate and blood oxy.

This model needs the smarty phone bluetooth connection to get bloodpressure.
Well we set it up and it did after a about 30seconds give  believable levels.
She likes it because of the other stuff it shows.

My boss bought a $40.00 one  and it calculates blood pressure without the need of a smartyphone.

It turned up today and gave him reasonable pressure results.

He let me wear it and it said I was,  117/65. NOW I have high bloodpressure.
I'm on tablets, BUT they aren't that good.

I wore it to my doctor this afternoon to have a leg wound dressing changed.
Matt, my GP, was also intrigued as to how they get blood pressure.

So after my dressing was changed we did a comparison.
My REAL blood pressure   150/75, I know its high, but I'd just a had a painful dressing change.
The watch....  110/65... I checked it twice more and it was still around that point.

I lifted my arm over my head and it should have dropped, it didn't.

Watch... doesn't know what it is talking about. :o :o :o

Tom.... :) :)
Yes I'm still alive.
PS, Because of our gun laws it would have to be "Marsupials With Machetes"

Robin2

Yes I'm still alive.
PS, Because of our gun laws it would have to be "Marsupials With Machetes"
Those two things may be connected :)

The Americans have just had another school massacre. "When will they ever learn"

...R
Two or three hours spent thinking and reading documentation solves most programming problems.

Go Up