Why does the DMM make this circuit "work" ? (Power issues : servo & bluetooth)

Grumpy_Mike:

thing is the PCA9685 module handles the V+ (for each servo)

No it dosn't.

maybe i should have phrased it differently, i meant that the whole breakout module that the PCA9685 chip is on has just one pin (two in parallel actually) for the incoming V+, meaning that to insert a Pi circuit for each servo, one has to breakout the 3-pin male headers to achieve the setup of;

power supply -> Pi circuit 1 -> +ve of servo 1
power supply -> Pi circuit 2 -> +ve of servo 2
power supply -> Pi circuit 3-> +ve of servo 3
power supply -> Pi circuit 4-> +ve of servo 4
and so on.

Southpark:
Science is about explaining and predicting observed/observable/measurable phenomena - coming up with plausible/backable theories to explain the mechanisms behind the observations. It is built-up on accumulated scientific knowledge - (math, gathered data, physics, chemistry etc).

if the accumulation is unstructured and quite haphazard in its collection, it becomes quite inefficient and the knowledge is filled with (unknown) gaps.

Southpark:
Switching over to something else (eg. nrf24L01) when the existing device (hc-05) is expected to be workable is certainly an option. But, naturally - it is definitely advantageous to find out the reason(s) for a particular approach being currently unable to achieve your objective ----- which is why you asked about it, and which is good. This enters the area of electronics/electronic engineering, and working towards improving electronics knowledge and skills.

yes, this is more my objective than just getting a project to actually work.

it's been three years since i first bought a MPU-6050 module (with unsoldered headers) and i am still learning about all the basics of each part that goes into making a self-balancing robot, trying to make do with existing actuators and power supply options, and finding out why it is not suitable and then trying to make cheap setups work just on principle.