Arduino Mega is recognized as Arduino Uno

Hi everyone, i appreciate your help with my problem, every time that i try embark to Arduino Mega, its is recognized as Arduino Uno, i've already made some updates and reinstall but nothing works, please help-me

(deleted)

Although an annoyance, you will probably be able to upload when you select Mega as the board and the Serial Port that says that it's an Uno. Please try and provide feedback.

Please provide a link where you bought the Mega from.

It doesn't matter. Some "faithful" clones do this - they don't bother to use different firmware for the 16u2 as serial adapter (the less faithful clones use a different serial adapter chip entirely) - this is the part that acts as a serial adapter to talk to your computer over USB appearing as a serial port, and translates that into UART serial that the main microcontroller (which does not have USB support) can understand. The only difference between the firmwares, though, is that one of them gets the name "arduino mega" next to it, and the other gets "arduino uno" next to it.

The IDE still honors your choice of board, so the fact that the port is named wrong is only a nuisance or red herring.

Hello, the Mega Board is recognized as Arduino Uno, but if I change the Board and select the port correctly it works, the boards are not clones, I work in a company and they cannot buy clones, Thanks for the help, if it doesn't work anymore, I'm looking for help again.

Hi YagoDeleon. If this is an official Arduino Mega, please notify Arduino Support of this issue:

But DrAzzy is right, it doesn't cause any problems for using the board. The only annoying thing about it is that the Arduino Web Editor automatically selects your board based on its VID/PID. Since your Mega has the VID/PID of the Uno, Arduino Web Editor will select the Uno. You would need to always change the board selection to Mega manually. But that's only a problem if you use Arduino Web Editor.