Go Down

Topic: How do I find my posts or thread? (Read 4710 times) previous topic - next topic

seanspotatobusiness

Three years later and nothing has changed... maybe next year.

FYI, this is what I see when I click on 'Profile':

Is this forum software written from scratch? Other forums have a more consistent appearance and are easier to use as a result. Perhaps there are reasons not to use existing software like extortionate licensing fees?

Robin2

Mar 20, 2017, 11:48 am Last Edit: Mar 20, 2017, 11:49 am by Robin2
Is this forum software written from scratch?
You may be surprised to know that it is not. I believe it is based on SMF. However I think some effort has been taken to thwart the best efforts of the SMF folks.

The people who develop and maintain the Forum consistently refuse to participate in this section of the Forum so it is impossible to enquire.

...R
Two or three hours spent thinking and reading documentation solves most programming problems.

Groove

Three years later and nothing has changed... maybe next year.

FYI, this is what I see when I click on 'Profile':

I'm curious - what browser are you using?
Per Arduino ad Astra

nickgammon

Please post technical questions on the forum, not by personal message. Thanks!

More info:
http://www.gammon.com.au/electronics

DangerouslyExplosive

You know, you could just start posting these improvement suggestions in the "Project Guidance" part of the forum. The Arduino domain is one big project, is it not? Better yet, post it to the "Programming" section, as code is what makes websites possible. At the very least, it would draw the attention of a forum administrator, whether that be good or bad, but attention all the same.

- Dangerously Explosive

P.S. Check out my replies to "Not a god member anymore". You might find them amusing. :)

nickgammon

I doubt the forum administrator reads the Programming section much.
Please post technical questions on the forum, not by personal message. Thanks!

More info:
http://www.gammon.com.au/electronics

nickanor

I suscribe this opinion. Difficoult to find my posts
 and i only have 13.

Go Up