Car Heads Up Display

Did some research on the FlexCAN library that gets installed with teensyduino: although I could be wrong, it looks like it only runs on a T3.6, but there was a header comment in one of the libraries files that said it worked with all of the Teensys. Then I stumbled upon a PJRC forum thread that said something about some FlexCAN library versions working with the T3.5 and some that don't so I decided to just ask on the PJRC forum about it.

So far I have one reply from tonton81 about a library he wrote that is an improved version of the FlexCAN library and works for the T3.5. I plan on testing that library out soon.

I also did some hardware testing today. I hauled out my oscilloscope to my car and hooked it up to the CANH and CANL lines with my car "on". TBH I was just looking to see if there were CAN packet waveforms showing up on the o-scope and not necessarily any data in particular. The reason for this test was because a research team for the University of Tulsa tried to get diagnostics data off of a dodge using the OBD CAN bus. They apparently couldn't do it due to the dodge's CAN bus being present but inactive. Since I have a dodge, I wanted to make sure my CAN bus is active. I'd hate to put in such effort for an impossible project lol.

Check this out for more info.

Turns out - IT WORKS! My CAN bus is active. Now I just have to get the data onto my Teensy.