SPIMemory library - Formerly SPIFlash - now supports SPI FRAM as well! :)

aseelye:
Hey, just a heads up, I got a few of the W25Q64JV chips in today. They seem to be working, except power down is reported in the FlashDiagnostics sketch as failing. I'm not sure that it's been implemented in the library, but it seems the Winbond line is your preferred supplier, and they have support in the datasheet (section 8.2.24). Perhaps this is done otherwise by driving CS high, and the chip knows to power down while it's not selected?

Also, the current library coming via the integrated library download in the Arduino IDE is giving 3.0.1. Github looks like you're at 3.1.0 currently, so not sure if that was an oversight or the Arduino guys are slow in updating.

Last, is there anything for rudimentary file systems with this? I'm looking to record periodic environmental data (wind speed & direction, temp, light intensity, barometer, etc) every X minutes, and then ship the data home once per day via cellular. Being able to save the data as a collection of strings in a file would make this much simpler for people who aren't used to banging bits around manually and all that.

Thanks!

Hi Aseelye and Marzogh.

I am using W25Q64JV. The code fails to run. The error (0x0B) suggests that Arduino is not able to recognize the W25Q64JV. and I am not able to understand what is causing this error. I believe I am not wiring the chip properly. Could you please post your pin connection?

I have setup the pins following way:

W25Q64JV (PIN1) ---- Arduino Mega (PIN53)
W25Q64JV (PIN2) ---- Arduino Mega (PIN50)
W25Q64JV (PIN3) ---- Arduino Mega (GND)
W25Q64JV (PIN4) ---- Arduino Mega (GND)
W25Q64JV (PIN5) ---- Arduino Mega (PIN51)
W25Q64JV (PIN6) ---- Arduino Mega (PIN52)
W25Q64JV (PIN7) ---- Arduino Mega (VCC 3.3 V)
W25Q64JV (PIN8) ---- Arduino Mega (VCC 3.3 V)

Thanks in advance,
Apoorva