Stepper Motor 300 rpm to 1000 rpm

Hi! I am currently working on a project that uses a NEMA 17 stepper motor. I am using A4988 driver for the motor and an arduino nano for the microcontroller. I can control the speed using a 5k potentiometer and the direction (forward or reverse) using a rocker switch. After adding an optocoupler module for speed sensor, the motor can only spin for 300 rpm max.

Is there any way to increase the rpm or speed? Thanks!

JMNZ:
After adding an optocoupler module for speed sensor, the motor can only spin for 300 rpm max.

You have not posted a link to the datasheet for the stepper motor
You have not told us how you are powering the motor (volts and amps)
You have not posted your program

So it's a bit difficult to say anything useful about the problem.

...R
Stepper Motor Basics
Simple Stepper Code

First post full details of stepper motor and power supply...

I am very sorry for the lack of information for I am new here on arduino and this forum..

Attached here is my schematic diagram..

I am using NFS30-24A (24V and 1.30A) and a bipolar NEMA 17 stepper motor with rated voltage of 24v and 1.5A.

Images from Reply #3 so we don't have to download them. See this Simple Image Guide

...R

We also need to see your program.

By the way Fritzing diagrams are next to useless - it is too easy to misunderstand the connections. A photo of a simple pencil drawing with everything clearly labelled will be much better - even if you are a poor artist.

...R

PS. the rated motor voltage is 2.7v and not 24v.

Steppers don't have a rated voltage, they have a rated current, resistance and inductance. There is also
an insulation voltage rating you must not exceed.

JMNZ:
I am very sorry for the lack of information for I am new here on arduino and this forum..

Attached here is my schematic diagram..

I am using NFS30-24A (24V and 1.30A) and a bipolar NEMA 17 stepper motor with rated voltage of 24v and 1.5A.

Hmm, I'd expect more like 1000rpm from that setup, there's plenty of voltage overhead. Perhaps
you failed to realise the speed must be ramped up?

MarkT:
Steppers don't have a rated voltage,

I was quoting from the image in Reply #4 to correct an error in Reply #3.

...R

I know, many websites can't understand a current-rated motor!!