Need a Better Way to Demonstrate Routes of Modules with Board while Teaching

I am a teacher who teaches Ardino to a class. I am facing the problem of demonstrating the connections of modules to students.

As a group of connections,
I needed to take the one I was teaching by the other hand like this:

There are lot of interesting functions. However, usually, 2 or more modules have to be introduced together at a time. The above demonstration always made me busy and brought confusions to students because they kept asking the ones I picked up.

I, therefore, taped all modules on a board like this:

Even though the second method is acceptable, still I need to tear them away and replace them with another group of modules. I believe there are some much better ways you know. What are your experiences, please?? Fi

When you want to post pictures to the forum you should attach and embed the image following these instructions:
http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=364156

How about gluing magnets to the backs of the modules so that they can be held to a piece of metal (a baking pan, tray, or any other magnetic sheet metal object) in any locations you like.

Thank you, pert. I modified the pictures. The link was really helpful.

The solution you said partially works for me. I used tape instead of glue to keep the reusable trait.

I tried your recommendation. The magnet indeed made demonstration easier. Holding needed modules in hand enables me to introduce the functions of Arduino and its routes.

The magnet, however, was stuck on the metal board when I wanted to take them away.

The most embarrassing situation is that the magnet touched wire of modules easily. It affected the connections while the modules were being connected to computer. What can I do?

I'd find a glue that works well on the magnets and the PCB. Hot glue is quick and easy but you may need to resort to some epoxy if it doesn't hold well enough.

As for the problem of shorting the wires on the modules with the magnets, it looks like you could find places on the modules that are safe to glue the magnets. If there are any modules where that's not possible you could put the magnet inside a piece of heat shrink tubing to insulate it. I'm not sure if you are also concerned about shorting the modules on the metallic surface that you use to stick the magnets to. It looks like that surface you're using might be insulated already. If not, you could cover the metal with shelf paper (AKA Contac paper), adhesive vinyl, or packing tape. This will make the magnetic attraction a little less strong but that may actually be a good thing if you're having a problem of the magnets sticking too well.

Using hot glue is a way. However, I destroyed some modules while gluing them. Epoxy is too liquid to be controlled well. I also damaged some with it.

Shorting is indeed a serious issue. I needed to display the functions to kids, but the shorting showed wrong signals.

The tape I used did not insulate the magnet. By following your instruction, "put the magnet inside a piece of heat shrink tubing to insulate it," the result was good. I glued the holes of heat shrink tubing, and glued it on modules. It was just kind of ugly. Haha... I am not good at handcrafts.

Appreciate your solutions!

Yeah, I always have trouble with making hot glue look good. Tricky stuff.

I'm glad you're teaching Arduino to your students. I always think about how amazing it would have been if there was something like this when I was in school and what a difference it could have made in my life.

Hello Elsa,

Do you have a big screen or a projector you can use in your classroom?

If you have one of those you can use the tape method to attach the board + modules to a flat surface and maybe you can use a webcam/camera to magnify the items you are showcasing, or maybe have more than a webcam you can switch to whenever you need to concentrate to the modules or board. This kind of method is usually used in Youtube videos, but if you have some AV equipment in your classroom you can try do that..