Is there a safe "latchable" way to cut power to SD cards on a data logger?

I was quite surprised by the numbers for the RTC as well. But I am using a somewhat crude method to measure the currents so for all I know my little sparkfun meter is messing with the numbers a bit. Also, those cheap RTC boards are not exactly the highest quality, and I have always been a bit dubious whether or not they have genuine chips on them. So multiple factors could be at play. When I get the chance I will look at the chronodot in more detail, as I trust that to be authentic

But on first bounce, I wonder if it is a similar issue to the SD cards? where I have left some pins floating and that is causing excessive current? If your battery power results look simmilar to the coin cell draws, then I will go digging. If all it takes is a couple of pullups to save power I would be happy about that.

I knew about the register setting to force the alarms to continue on battery, but I did not know how long the little coin cell could sustain something like a 5 minute alarm schedule (a typical field logger setting), and I am running from AA's most of the time, so I am not operating down in micro power territory.