Arduino 1.0 Soon - What do you want to see?

the ability to see the c code that it is compiling. maybe in a second window.

Oh, another not necessarily next update, but sometime in the future possible feature, breakpoints... so that you can get a better idea of where your code is failing

Valalvax:
Oh, another not necessarily next update, but sometime in the future possible feature, breakpoints... so that you can get a better idea of where your code is failing

That absolutely requires special hardware, or REALLY complicated software and firmware

frank26080115:

Valalvax:

That absolutely requires special hardware, or REALLY complicated software and firmware

... >.> didn't think about that one in regards to hardware and software integration

Make the compiler understand what I mean rather then what I type.

Lefty

retrolefty:

That's something we could all use!

retrolefty:

Lefty

It does understand what you mean, it just only does what you type to piss you off

retrolefty:

Lefty

Be careful with what you wish, It might become member of the union and demand a better PC to run on.

Support for all 8-bit AVRs...

That would definately be useful. There are already files for some of the AVRs (ATtiny 45, ATtiny 85 and ATtiny 84, if I remember correctly). The only problem is that they are not included in the IDE hardware section...
Although it might take a long time to create the files, there are some microcontrollers that I would love to be able to use with the arduino, and I'm sure other people feel the same. The ATMega8535-16PU is one that I would like to use, but I cannot find any hardware files for it.

Onions.

I use tabs in my project, and the "Find"-function don't look from other than active tab only... That would be nice option if it could search from the whole project. Or does it already?

Cheers,
Kari

I still wish at least the compiled .hex file was saved into the sketch's application folder rather then having to search for it in the temp directories.

Lefty

retrolefty:
I still wish at least the compiled .hex file was saved into the sketch's application folder rather then having to search for it in the temp directories.

Lefty

This would be handy. Very handy.

This entire temp folder thing is a PITA. If you have a project you want all the relevant files in a known work folder IMO.

Rob

I keep seeing Line Numbers come up - don't folks realize that they show up already?
I have used that to help in my debugging when the error messages indicate an error in a line

Yes but that's still not as good as having a number on every line. I find say I get an error on line 2396, now I have to scan down the page clicking in a dozen places until I land on the right line. Much easier to just look at the left column.

Rob

But doesn't the compiler usually highlight the line the error was on? That has seemed pretty straightforward to me.

The tricky part I have found was figuring where an earlier missing { ( ; / type character was that caused a later line to fail.

CrossRoads:
But doesn't the compiler usually highlight the line the error was on?

The compiler doesn't, Arduino IDE does, and it only highlights the first error. Other IDEs will let you double click on an error to goto that line but Arduino cannot do this.

Alright, my installation is hosed - can't even start the compiler, can't find "avr-gcc".
Need to get my taxes done than go clean up my files. Think I hosed things getting the sanguino files put in the right place and discovered -0021 wasn't sitting where I thought it was, but in some virtual c:/program files instead.
One more thing to add to the to-do list ....

You're probably right about the highlighting, it's been so long since I've had an error I can't remember XD

Rob

retrolefty:

Lefty

+1 to this