[Solved] Post removed without notice?

Hi! I've had two posts removed recently from troubleshooting, no warning or message has been sent out before the removal. Basicly, I posted a question, quickly made an edit (might have triggered some bumpwarning?) because I forgot codesnippets and arduinomodel - It was removed instantly. Made a new post with the same content as the removed post - instantly removed aswell. What is going on?

Well you didn't mention something like what section the post was in and what the subject line was, or anything like that. Is the post you are talking about in this list?
https://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;u=987072

Yup! Second question in that list... Its gone from "Troubleshooting & Installing" so I assumed it was removed due to some violation.
Edit: Wait, it was moved to "Programming Questions"? Ok that explains it, didn't know that it could be moved without notice. Anyway that explains it!

Perhaps a moderator thought it was more appropriate for the programming questions section. You can bookmark the link I gave you, so you can more quickly find the stuff you've been talking about recently on the forum.

I have suggested to the Moderators that they should leave a link when they move a Thread. If I understand the comments in that link it is not very onerous to do so and I know that some of them already do leave a link.

However this Thread would surely have been more appropriate in the Website and Forum section which leads me to the idea that the OP might usefully give more thought about where is the most appropriate place to create a new Topic.

...R

More modern forum software would have numerous features that are apparently not here, such as the moderator being able to just move a topic and leave a "topic moved" link behind all in one step, and pictures that are posted would be automatically displayed, and many other things I'm sure.

Robin2:
I have suggested to the Moderators that they should leave a link when they move a Thread. If I understand the comments in that link it is not very onerous to do so and I know that some of them already do leave a link.

However this Thread would surely have been more appropriate in the Website and Forum section which leads me to the idea that the OP might usefully give more thought about where is the most appropriate place to create a new Topic.

...R

If you come from places like stackoverflow you learn the hard way about taking risks in posting something at the wrong place. As for my original question it wasn't very apparent (for me atleast) if my problem was software or hardware related - as i figured it could easily have been both - which led me to believe that the "Troubleshooting" sub would've been the best place to post. As with this question I figured that maybe the Website and Forum section was specificly for improvements and not me rambling about missing posts - a very personal problem. But as with stackoverflow you learn how the forum operates and you adjust - as you see with my karma I'm very new here and it's not a super forgiving forum for newbies.

dmjlambert:
Perhaps a moderator thought it was more appropriate for the programming questions section. You can bookmark the link I gave you, so you can more quickly find the stuff you've been talking about recently on the forum.

Thank you for the help with figuring this out! Will bookmark it and hope I post at the correct place next time....

dmjlambert:
, such as the moderator being able to just move a topic and leave a "topic moved" link behind all in one step,

Based on the comments in the link I posted I believe that this Forum does have that feature.

...R

dmjlambert:
More modern forum software would have numerous features that are apparently not here, such as the moderator being able to just move a topic and leave a "topic moved" link behind all in one step, and pictures that are posted would be automatically displayed, and many other things I'm sure.

The forum does have that feature, but I don't always use it because even with auto-deletion, the forum would be rapidly cluttered with links.

AWOL:
The forum does have that feature, but I don't always use it because even with auto-deletion, the forum would be rapidly cluttered with links.

Are there that many Threads moved in a day?

IMHO a bit of clutter would be a price worth paying for the convenience with which a Newbie could find his re-allocated Thread.

...R

Robin2:
Are there that many Threads moved in a day?

Who said anything about a day?
The redirection self-destruct options are: never, one day, a week, two weeks, a month.

There are times when I would guess half the front page of some sections of the forum would be redirects.

IMHO a bit of clutter would be a price worth paying for the convenience with which a Newbie could find his re-allocated Thread.

...R

I think we'll have to agree to differ.

AWOL:
Who said anything about a day?
The redirection self-destruct options are: never, one day, a week, two weeks, a month.

I am aware that they last longer than a day - but I think a week is plenty long enough.

I just asked for the number per day to get a rough idea of the quantity.

...R

A "going nowhere suggestion" would be to DEFAULT to a week.

Bob.

IMHO this is an issue for the Moderators to discuss amongst themselves and decide on a standard course of action which they can then tell us - or maybe even invite comments on.

...R

@Robin.

We do have a special mod section but cleaning the cobwebs to get in is a pain.