Trump's fingers paralyzed by nerve agent

Good Republican supporters .... got to feed the kitty etc was a reply in the way of continuation. Dintcha make the connection?

Too slow for that, I was imagining you feeding a cat :slight_smile:

GoForSmoke:
Tricky Dick sabotaging the Paris peace talks to discredit Johnson and Humphrey and blow smoke with talk of honor after betraying all decency was not proven in any public court, likely to be why Nixon copped a much lesser plea after Crooked Agnew went down.

I thought LBJ had actual evidence but it was all covert bugging of embassies so he could not make it public. There are certainly tapes of LBJ saying the US was at war and Nixon working with another country to sink the Paris talks was treason.

GoForSmoke:
In 1974 I read into the Government documents in our library, the Pentagon papers. What I saw there made Dick's trick look normal. In 1992 I saw a documentary about Vietnam at the end of WWII and the deal Ho Chi had with the US that was broken at Potsdam so the French could keep their colony (and after losing it, their "thinkers" call Americans imperialists!)....

I am no historian but I think initially Ho Chi Min and the Viet Mihn were Nationalists just seeking to rule their own country without the French.

I saw a documentary that said Ho wrote letters to Eisenhower stating that they just wanted independence and that they were friendly to the USA. In the documentary it was stated that the letters are in a CIA archive but were never given to the President - if true that is terrible.

US/Soviet relations deteriorated and Eisenhower began to take a hard line with any country that was or might be aligned with the Soviets. The French were helped to retake Vietnam. That pushed the Viet Mihn to turn from being nationalists into the communist Viet Cong. The Viet Cong then managed to kick the French out. Unfortunately the US did not take stock of what happened to the French and instead filled the vacuum - the rest is history.