installing libraries?

i had some one write a sketch for me. it worked fine at his house. It did not work when I got it home. he gave me all the libraries he used in the build. there were (2) RTC libraries included.

I lost an hour last night on my serial monitor. the clock was an hour behind the actual time. it was the correct time when I started the test the day before. AND the interrupts did not work as intended. after a restart the RTC is still (1) hour behind

is it possible there could be a conflict having (2) RTC libraries in the arduino libraries folder. I believe (1) may have been used to "set" the time on the RTC and the other was the (1) used in the actual sketch for the alarms/interrupts. however I am not sure and he is difficult to get in touch with sometimes.

thanks for any recommendations.

If you have conflicting libraries, the compiler or linker would have thrown errors. Once the code is loaded in the Arduino, libraries 'no longer exist' in there.

Show your code and tell us where you installed the libraries. Or contact the 'developer'.

I don't follow the "no longer exists there" part. How do you mean? I put them in the arduino/library/rtclib. (In its own folder)

As for posting the code, it's dozens of pages. I don't really think anyone would have the desire to read all of it.

I am just curious as if to when I loaded the sketch on my computer it might've picked up another RTC library?

What I did find in the log was, at 12 midnight it counted 60 hours over 60 minutes, and then resumed the time of 1 AM putting me an hour behind.

Ok, the build process can pick the wrong one in that case. If you switch on verbose compiler output in the IDE (file -> preferences) you can see which library is used.

What I meant by "no longer exists" is that the compiled code loaded to the Arduino board does not know about libraries.

If the time at midnight goes wrong (not sure how hours can reach 60, minutes is feasible), it's more than likely a bug in the software that you received. Was roll over at midnight demonstrated when you took possession of the software?

thanks for the input. I went back and checked (it was real early this morning) I read it wrong. it is "minutes" so what I found is that I have (2) 1:00 o'clocks. 12:00 to 12:59 (then it should go to 1:00) but at 12:59 it goes to 0 hundred hours till it reaches 1:00. so I lost an hour.

which set the serial monitor clock back an hour. which in turn may have missed the defined interrupt. I'm just assuming at the moment. but the interrupt was supposed to be 9 hours from the previous. and in this case it was 10 hours.

thanks for your help, once I resolve the 25 hour day, i'll see if it works right!

I'm used to working with 30 hour days :slight_smile:

Days run from 6 AM to 6 AM. After midnight, the hours are 25, 26, .. 29. And 30 is 6 AM again.