USB power jack needed

My brain is stuck.
Trying to get away from the jack on the left, what to go to the jack on the right, however, i am looking for a smaller form factor, USB chassis mount version.

Any suggestions?

2014-08-24_22-58-21.jpg

please elobrate your question properly. You need to mention from where u want to getraid of.

, i am looking for a smaller form factor, USB chassis mount version.

what is purpose??

This looks to be a little less deep/less intrusive into the enclosure.

[img[http://www.taydaelectronics.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/211x211/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/a/-/a-868_1.jpg[/img]

Or are you after a different version of USB connector?

Like this, but not nearly so expensive?

FTDI also offers some panel mount options
http://www.ftdichip.com/Products/Modules/USBRSxxx.htm
"The DB9-USB range of modules provide a simple and fast method of migrating existing DB9 based connector UART interfaces to USB 2.0. In some cases this can be done without the need to redesign the PCB. In some cases they can reduce system costs by removing an RS232 level shifter from a design. The modules feature a USB2.0 mini-B connector within a module which fits a standard 9-pin DB9 connector footprint."

Search for "USB socket" on eBay.

Thanks for the responses.

please elaborate your question properly. You need to mention from where u want to getraid of.

• I am using the jack on the left as a power connector and want to change to a USB type similar to the one on the right.
  • I'll only be using the jack for +5V power.
  • However the jack on the right is too large on the back end.
  • I was hoping someone had used a chassis mount USB jack they were happy with which has a smaller back end.
  • Possibly not more than the dimensions of a PC mount without a shell but with mounting ears.

@Crossroads
funny, the one you mentioned from Tayda was the first one I used then I went to the one on the left which is a bit noisy, trying to find one similar to the one on the right.

I will probably go with this one (has the advantage of duplex) unless there is a better suggestion.

EDIT: just noticed you put 12-24 VDC on the spade lugs and get out 5 volts from the duplex. So this won't work as I am trying to bring 5 volts into the unit through the connector from an external USB 5 volt source.

2014-08-25_10-37-54.jpg

2014-08-25_10-43-48.jpg

You are bringing power in? That could work, if you can find a USB-A to USB-A cable. Usually it USB-A on host end to something else: B, mini-B, micro-B

https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&source=hp&q=usb-a+to+usb-a+cable&gbv=2&oq=usb-a+to+&gs_l=heirloom-hp.1.3.0l6j0i22i30l4.1248.2855.0.6630.9.8.0.0.0.0.390.1123.2-3j1.4.0....0...1ac.1.34.heirloom-hp..5.4.1123.NNedPH4Rtp4

Looks like some sources can be found.

You are bringing power in? That could work, if you can find a USB-A to USB-A cable. Usually it USB-A on host end to something else: B, mini-B, micro-B

oops, I see this unit is 12-24V to 5V converter :roll_eyes: HERE

Yes I a trying to bring 5 volts into the unit.
I would use a USB to USB cable to do bring the power to the unit.
A or B or a combination of, would work, current is about 400ma.

I got a USB panel mounting B socket to USB line B plug extension lead from China. I believe Adafruit also sell something similar. The socket is about 1.5" (35mm) deep, inside the enclosure. I imagine a mini or micro B socket, if you can get a panel mounting one, would be smaller but might not carry sufficient current.

Looks like this one from Sparkfun will work.

939 bubble displays left there Bob

Still 15 boards left from the first batch, I'm not in a rush to stock up with more just yet.

The next time I order I'll take 5 more complete kits.