COM message reception - Garbage data

LucSkywalker:
Oh - What do I know - I just have a Bachelor in Computer Science.

Jeez, I hope your mother doesn't find that out by reading this thread. You clearly don't know what you are doing.

Indeed though, your posts are such incoherent tecnobabble that I don't believe you have a degree in computer science. About the only sensible thing you have said is this

I have COM3 created when connected to the USB port and Arduino Uno (Starter Kit).

which clearly implies that everything is installed correctly and works - including the USB cable. You have installed your Uno just like everybody else does.

The only clear indication of a problem is

Data received: xf ... and a couple of non-printable characters

which implies either

1. Mismatched baud rate between monitor and Arduino's Serial.begin command, or
  2. Using software serial on the hardware serial port, i.e. trying to send data to serial monitor via software serial.
    If you are using just one Arduino and the serial monitor, I don't think you even need to know which COM port you are using, much less install one, and this

I have to install the software COM port in order to use it in Arduino IDE

is complete nonsense.
If you want to use some other programme, like a proper terminal, you still don't need to "install the software COM port" but you do need to know which COM port Arduino is already on. All you need do is ensure Arduino is plugged in and and then check that in the PC device manager - no "computer science degree" required.