MIDI CC sensitivity

Hi all
Still having trouble with this. Mike, wont your suggestion effectively halve the resolution?

Pieter I can't get your suggestions to work with my code.

See code below, (I didn't write this, it is hacked together and I don't really know what I am doing).

#define CC              0xB0

#define NUMBER_OF_ANALOG_INPUTS  16 // NOTE: if you change this value, also change the controllers array, to match the number of inputs and the number of controllers.

#define CHANNEL 1 // Send all messages on channel 1.

/* The list with the corresponding controller numbers: for example, the values of the potentiometer on A0 will be sent as the first controller number in this list, A1 as the second, etc. */
int controllers[] = { 
  0x7, 0x5, 0x14, 0x16, 0x18, 0x1A, 0x1C, 0x1E, 0xE, 0x4A, 0x47, 0x58, 0x49, 0x4B, 0x4C, 0x48, 0x59, 0x54, 0x15, 0x17, 0x19, 0x1B, 0x1D, 0x1F, 0xF, 0x55, 0x56, 0x57, 0x4D, 0x4E, 0x4F, 0x10
};  

int analogVal[NUMBER_OF_ANALOG_INPUTS];  // We declare an array for the values from the analog inputs

int analogOld[NUMBER_OF_ANALOG_INPUTS]; // We declare an array for the previous analog values. 

int shift = 0;

/* The format of the message to send via serial. We create a new data type, that can store 3 bytes at once.  This will be easier to send as MIDI. */
typedef struct {
  uint8_t status;   // first  byte   : status message (NOTE_ON, NOTE_OFF or CC (controlchange) and midi channel (0-15)
  uint8_t data1;    // second byte   : first value (0-127), controller number or note number
  uint8_t data2;    // third  byte   : second value (0-127), controller value or velocity
} 
t_midiMsg;          // We call this data type 't_midiMsg'

void setup() // The setup runs only once, at startup.
{
  pinMode(13, OUTPUT);   // Set pin 13 (the one with the LED) to output
  digitalWrite(13, LOW); // Turn off the LED
  pinMode(11,INPUT_PULLUP);
  for(int i = 0; i < NUMBER_OF_ANALOG_INPUTS; i++){  // We make all values of analogOld -1, so it will always be different from any possible analog reading.
    analogOld[i]=-1;
  }
  Serial.begin(31250);  // Start a serial connection @31250 baud or bits per second on digital pin 0 and 1, this is the connection to the ATmega16U2, which runs the HIDuino MIDI firmware. (31250 baud is the original MIDI speed.)
  delay(1000);           // Wait a second before sending messages, to be sure everything is set up
  digitalWrite(13, HIGH);// Turn on the LED, when the loop is about to start.
}

void loop() // The loop keeps on repeating forever.
{
  if(digitalRead(11) == LOW){
       shift = 16;
        }
      else {
        shift = 0;
        }
  t_midiMsg msg;                                     // create a variable 'msg' of data type 't_midiMsg' we just created
  for(int i = 0; i < NUMBER_OF_ANALOG_INPUTS; i++){  // Repeat this procedure for every analog input.

analogVal[i] = analogRead(i+A0)/8;               // The resolution of the Arduino's ADC is 10 bit, and the MIDI message has only 7 bits, 10 - 7 = 3, so we divide by 2^3, or 8.
    if(analogVal[i] != analogOld[i]){                // Only send the value, if it is a different value than last time.
      msg.status = CC;                               // Controll Change
      msg.status = msg.status | CHANNEL-1;           // Channels are zero based (0 = ch1, and F = ch16). Bitwise or to add the status message and channel together: 
                                                    /* status     = 0bssss0000 
                                                     * channel    = 0b0000cccc 
                                                     * | ------------------ (bitwise or)
                                                     * msg.status = 0bsssscccc       
                                                     */
      msg.data1   = controllers[i+shift];            // Get the controller number from the array above.
      msg.data2   = analogVal[i];                    // Get the value of the analog input from the analogVal array.
      Serial.write((uint8_t *)&msg, sizeof(msg));    // Send the MIDI message.
      analogOld[i] = analogVal[i];                   // Put the analog values in the array for old analog values, so we can compare the new values with the previous ones.
      delay(10);                                     // Wait for 10ms, so it doesn't flood the computer with MIDI-messages
    }
  }

}