NewPing Library: HC-SR04, SRF05, SRF06, DYP-ME007, Parallax PING))) - v1.7

Thanks, Tim, for the reply.
I am trying to get around short false readings from the Parallax ping sensor. I have the same thing with v 1.4 of NewPing as I do with the std. ping library. Around the middle of the servo sweep I get short readings, typically 15 cm, for a couple of servo moves. Curiously, the ping will read below 15 cm during this dead band. My space has no influence on the position of servo. I have moved it all around to see if I am getting bad readings from my environment. NewPing works fine on both sides of the dead band. I have removed the servo from the project electrically (disconnect power and signal) and I still get low readings around the center of the sweep when I move it by hand. I have tried it on both servos and ping sensors. I have no idea how the servo position is effecting the ping sensor even when it is not moving and disconnected.
My project is to sweep 360 deg around my sculpture pedestal with 2 servos and 2 pings. When someone comes close the wav shield plays a short file depending on distance and position. Any distance reading will trigger another wav file and if you walk the "right" way, the whole song will play. I got everything working and started to test when I discovered the short bad distances. I reduced the sketch to just the std. libraries and the short readings persist. I can manipulate them with delays and code but never get rid of them all. I hope that this description will aid you in suggesting how best to use NewPing. And ANY thoughts on the dead band of the servos would be greatly appreciated! Many Thanks!!