The male header pin cannot connect to the board~~~Project5[help]

The one side of headers' length is too short, it cannot connect to the board very well,
How to solve? :cold_sweat:

jiangmengcuc:
The one side of headers' length is too short, it cannot connect to the board very well,

Too short, or not the same number of shield male header pins to match all the arduino header socket holes?
Show pictures.

Be aware that the latest versions of arduino boards add female socket pins on two of the shield connectors, the one having the digital pins D8 to D13, ground and Aref have had SDA and SDL I2C control signals added. And on the connector block having Vin, ground, ground, 5V, 3.3, reset have had IOREF and an unused reserve socket pin added. Older shield boards will not have male shield pins to insert into these 'newer' socket holes but that is fine. Just be sure the shield pins align up with the boards D0 and A5 pins and all should be fine.

Lefty

jiangmengcuc:

jiangmengcuc,
if you are talking about M-M pins, you just have to press the plastic bit against something and it will move so that you have the same length on both sides.

3 years later I have the same problem. Here's a picture of my male header pins beside the wire and the female end of the servo motor that came with the kit. When i try to attach the short side of the pin to either the breadboard or the motor, it falls off easily. I've tried pushing the black plastic against something but it wouldn't move.

Nevermind. I just pushed harder and the plastic moved :))

-studiumantis