MKR1200 outside Europe?

According to what I see on the coverage map, Sigfox is available in many countries outside Europe.

Is it possible to use the MKR1200 in those countries? (I am located in New Zealand)

hello

The MKR Fox 1200 is no longer listed on the arduino store.

is now 404.

There has been no official announcement but I think being removed from the Arduino Store is a good indicator that the mkrfox1200 is indeed dead.

I see. Perhaps the efforts are now focused on the upcoming MKR WAN 1300?

Can anyone recommend a gateway to use with this new one? (maybe this should go to another thread)

--> 200 OK

checkout seems ok either

zwanglos:
Arduino Official Store | Boards Shields Kits Accessories
--> 200 OK

checkout seems ok either

Hello

Yes, it does depend on which Arduino Store you are connecting to.

The Arduino Store which services the USA, Asia and Oceania does not list the MKR Fox 1200 board

The Arduino Store which services Europe and Africa does list the MKR Fox 1200 board.

I am unable to find the MKR Fox 1200 available anywhere in North America.

I think the issue with North America is lack of coverage. This is catch-22 in my opinion.
There is little coverage because there is no demand for it, There is little demand for it because there is little coverage.

Sell some boards in North America may spur increased coverage.

Some way some how MKR Fox 1200 boards need to make their way into the hands of the hobbyist and professionals in North America. Once that has happened let it incubate and sprout.

In fact the MKRFOX is only compatible with the "Sigfox Radio Configuration 1" so far.
Cf Radio Configuration | Sigfox Resources
RC1 means : 868MHz @14dBm , which is the configuration used by Sigfox in Europe (+Middle East & South Africa)

There is no official Arduino board compatible with the other configurations so far.
But you can easily wire a module breakout to any Arduino board. US (+ Mexico & Brazil) are "RC2" : 902MHz @22dBm. Asia is similar : 920MHz @22dBm

Ex: https://seasluglabs.io/collections/frontpage/products/wisol-breakout-board

nicolsc:
In fact the MKRFOX is only compatible with the "Sigfox Radio Configuration 1" so far.
Cf Radio Configuration | Sigfox Resources
RC1 means : 868MHz @14dBm , which is the configuration used by Sigfox in Europe (+Middle East & South Africa)

There is no official Arduino board compatible with the other configurations so far.
But you can easily wire a module breakout to any Arduino board. US (+ Mexico & Brazil) are "RC2" : 902MHz @22dBm. Asia is similar : 920MHz @22dBm

Ex: https://seasluglabs.io/collections/frontpage/products/wisol-breakout-board

I have looked at various sites in the past. Alot of hype and no substance. I am not impressed with the offerings. the Arduino MKR Fox 1200 is a viable sigfox board. Everything else is not even considered when it seems none of them bother to put the prices on their web sites. I do not follow the old adage "If you have to ask the price you can not afford it."

Just be honest with the community and upfront with the cost.
If the company cannot do that, they do not need to bother me.

I am only a steward of the money i have so I need to be wise in the use.

Not sure I got your point.

US version of the MKRFOX should be available next year.
But if you don't want to wait, you can use this kind of module breakout with any Arduino board. Power, RX/TX and you're good to go with a couple of AT commands.

The link I gave you points to the webshop of a guy in Texas selling simple module breakouts.
Price is stated on the page ($18, incl. subscription), nothing dodgy here.
I have japanese & mexican partners working with his products since a couple of months, and they're happy with it.