ROM-Reader for Super Nintendo / Super Famicom Game Cartridges

I ordered a copy of Golden Nugget 64 and I'll redump it.

JCreazy:
It's 70594d3c

CRC32 Confirmed.

The original known dump is bad.

I'll submit the redump details to No-Intro.

skaman:
CRC32 Confirmed.

The original known dump is bad.

I'll submit the redump details to No-Intro.

So I'm not crazy. Does that mean that the majority of Golden Nugget 64 ROMs that people have been downloading for the past 20 years are bad dumps?

JCreazy:
So I'm not crazy. Does that mean that the majority of Golden Nugget 64 ROMs that people have been downloading for the past 20 years are bad dumps?

Yes, appears so. Anyone that previously downloaded a ROM received the bad dump.

No-Intro had it marked as Not Verified but that doesn't stop anyone from downloading. The entry has been corrected in the No-Intro database and a copy of the clean dump will eventually replace the old dump.

I just want to say thanks again for making this project and for sharing the source. I was able to refine my design and make this ultra tiny portable version:

https://gfycat.com/onlyscholarlylabradorretriever

I've still got quite a bit of tweaking to do to make it feature compatible (i.e. make the extra shields for SNES, N64, etc) but I'm super please so far.

Nice work. :smiley:
Btw. I love your youtube channel, so many great videos and projects. 8)

Hey sanni, how did you flash super mario 64 on a conker's bad fur day cartridge in this video of yours.
I can only flash 6105 CIC games on my conker repro.

I built a Famicom Cart Reader. The form factor is originally based on sanni's MD-only shield but then I decided to add the display, LED, and button. The reader uses a sketch that is a blend of code used in my various dumpers with the base read functions from postal2201's CoolArduino_v1.0b.ino sketch. The reader also works with NES carts using a standard NES-to-FC adapter.

Nice 8)

Hi All,

I'm currently waiting on all the parts for Sanni's cart reader, but this will be stretching my abilities a bit. I just got the PICkit 3 in the mail and realized I'm not sure I know how to use it to flash the PIC12F629. I assume i can use a breadboard and the SOIC8 along with some other components to flash it, but I'm not sure.

Can anyone point me to some instructions on how to properly set this up?

Thanks,
PressLeft

Probably not the answer you are looking for exactly, but I use and adapter similar to the one pictured here:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1pcs-SOP8-to-DIP8-SOP8-turn-DIP8-SOIC8-to-DIP8-IC-Socket-Programmer-Adapter-Sock/283465236988?hash=item41ffd841fc:m:mk8yhEyhlIUBSFFq9rP5cvA

When I moved from the PicKit3 to a TL866 programmer the adapter worked great there too.

Thanks @hernan43,

I also ordered one of these but haven't received it yet. maybe it'll be clearer once that comes.

I think i may have also found my answer in this photo: https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-QuZNXUkcHMc/UVNxRdUw4BI/AAAAAAAAATU/Nhdo-0s-KJg/s1600/ICSPbb.png

Ah I see. For that I use one of these:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/PIC-ICD2-PIC-Kit-2-3-PICKIT-Programming-Adapter-Programmer-40Pin-Test-Seat-Board/223043815318?hash=item33ee728796:m:mwnlxfsEmeH6XGHSNTuo75Q

The adapter goes into the DIP socket and the pickit wires into the side of the board. I was too lazy to breadboard things.

Hey Sanni, I'm back with some more info. I'm not sure if you changed the CRC for Golden Nugget yet but I found out that the CRC for Lego Racers is not correct. It should be 4D1E1897 verified by dat-o-matic. I'm guessing I can't make the changes on GitHub or I would so I don't have to keep bothering you.

Thanks, changed the CRC.
You could create a Github account, fork the project, edit the file and then send a pull request over Github.
Ofc just posting here in the forum is absolutely fine too. :slight_smile:

Just ordered some 29LV320 to Snes Adapters to make some repros. I'm using a Hi-Rom donor to make Chrono Trigger, patched my rom, flashed it successfully and soldered it on the cartridge, my donor only has 32 pin maskrom so i soldered A20 on pin 45, A21 on pin 46, A22 on pin 47 and added a jumper on maskrom pins 36 and 34 but it just shows a black screen.

Sorry but this thread is about the development of the Arduino Cart Reader, not about making repros.
Please stay on topic.

If flashing the 29LV320 was successful then everything else should be discussed in a message board that specializes in repro stuff like nintendoage.com's "The Brewery" subforum.

This is not the right forum for repro talk, please understand.
Thanks.

Oh ok, sorry about that.

Hey

First off Thanks Sanni this project is awesome.

Is there a way to shift the screen text up a few pixels. I can never get it perfect when I mount it.

Not that I know of. In this case, it's probably best to connect the OLED with wires, align it and then use hot glue to fix it in place.