Welcome ArduinoDroid - Arduino IDE for Android

Hi, guys.

I'm happy to announce ArduinoDroid - Arduino IDE for Android.

Features:

• open/edit arduino sketches
  • example sketches and libraries included
  • code syntax highlighting
  • compile sketches (no root required)
  • upload sketches (FTDI-based board and Arduino Uno are supported at this time only, android devices with USB-host support required)
    works offline (internet connection is not required)

On first launch ArduinoDroid downloads and extracts SDK (about 30Mb), so about 100Mb on sdcard is required.

@ Google Play:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=name.antonsmirnov.android.arduinodroid

Blog:
http://arduinodroid.blogspot.com

1 Like

Lets see how popular this is - you've certainly posted it in enough places!

CrossRoads:
Lets see how popular this is - you've certainly posted it in enough places!

You're right

I have a Galazy S3, looking forward to trying it out tomorrow afternoon.

Only thing I see that may be missing is a serial monitor.
Works great on the Nexus 7 to an Arduino Uno R3 (needs OTG USB adapter) - but I sure would like to see debugging messages.
Or can I do that with ArduinoCommander?

4ntoine -

I'd really like to give this app a try on my Kindle Fire HD. Although the OS is Android based, Google (and likely Amazon) doesn't allow the kindle fire to download Apps from Google play. Any chance you could post the .apk file elsewhere in addition to Google play?

Thanks!
Paul G.

rmm200:
Only thing I see that may be missing is a serial monitor.
Works great on the Nexus 7 to an Arduino Uno R3 (needs OTG USB adapter) - but I sure would like to see debugging messages.
Or can I do that with ArduinoCommander?

I'm going to add integration code fpr 3rd-party apps so you will be able to use any existing serial monitor for this.

md10bldr:
4ntoine -

I'd really like to give this app a try on my Kindle Fire HD. Although the OS is Android based, Google (and likely Amazon) doesn't allow the kindle fire to download Apps from Google play. Any chance you could post the .apk file elsewhere in addition to Google play?

Thanks!
Paul G.

I don't have such plans as there are more important tasks: autocomplete and another boards support. Probably this will be done after all and Play-independent version will containt PayPal integration instead of Google Play.

I recently downloaded Arduinodroid on my generic Android tablet. The idea of being able to write and upload sketches while on the move is very appealing. Sadly I've killed all my Original Arduinos & only have ones that i have built. All of these are normally programmed using a Silicon labs CP210X i have lying around. The tablet has a full USB port which so far has worked with all other devices (gamepads, memory sticks, etc). I ran "USB Host Diagnostics 1.3" & that gave the port a general thumbs up. The tablet has not been rooted.
When i try and upload a sketch it says "Unable to find endpoints".
Is the Cp210 supported? Is it a Driver problem?bAm i barking up the wrong tree?

Managed to get hold of the dmesg.log file from android just after plugging the device in.
usb 2-1: new full speed USB device number 2 using usb20_host <6>[ 476.820001] usb 2-1: New USB device found, idVendor=10c4, idProduct=ea60 <6>[ 476.820065] usb 2-1: New USB device strings: Mfr=1, Product=2, SerialNumber=3 <6>[ 476.820112] usb 2-1: Product: CP2102 USB to UART Bridge Controller <6>[ 476.820152] usb 2-1: Manufacturer: Silicon Labs <6>[ 476.820185] usb 2-1: SerialNumber: 0001 <4>[ 519.054606]

it says a bit more but the copy function would not grab it, but it seems to onpw what the device is at least.

Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

Hi, is it possible to use the arduino robot with this tool? Can i copy the libraries from the PC?

I. Like this ide but it has a lot of bugs, I could not save sketch, it can already detect the usb port but avrdude is always out of sync, it hungs and exit if the "code completed" , "softwre settings" are selected from its pulldown menu. It really needs so much improvement. I also experience the same with code commander, it always says board is not suported.

HI Guys,

I am having trouble uploading to my uno rev 3 it keeps telling me that there was a problem uploading I am using the Asus TF201 transformer prime with the keyboard where am I going wrong?

Kind Regards

Luke

Hi guys,
I have Moto G 2014 and Arduino Leonardo. In the Arduinodroid when uploading there is an error: closing port
Error: Processe returned not zero result code:11
Has anyone any idea?

I really hope there will be an update which cover:

• arduino Yun board
  • serial monitor
  • or maybe upload and serial monitor over IP (using bonjour like in Arduino IDE, but I don't know whether it is possible or not)

Because the idea of using arduino in android is the best match with the IoT, and Yun is the best partner I think.

Keep the good work!
Thanks before!

johnnybra:
Hi guys,
I have Moto G 2014 and Arduino Leonardo. In the Arduinodroid when uploading there is an error: closing port
Error: Processe returned not zero result code:11
Has anyone any idea?

Hi. Which version of Android are you using? Is your device rooted? And does the error code have a line:

failed to init libusb: -99 ?

I'm working on resolving this issue and without rooting the device it is proving to be quite a handful. All additional information would be very helpful for it seems that this is a Lollipop specific (Android version 5.0.1 or higher) problem. -99, only confirms it is LIBUSB_ERROR_OTHER.

I ran into this using LG G3, version 5.0.1.

All the best,
Joonas Tuomi.

Hi.

I have isolated the probable cause as SELinux being set to enforcing since Android version 4.4.2 instead of permissive which it was set to previously. This commands it to stop anything that it seems harmful or doesn't know about. The problem is libusb and that libusb_init() is being blocked.

There are many different android libusb 1.0.9-patches found in GitHub:

https://github.com/martinmarinov/rtl_tcp_andro-/tree/master/jni/libusb-andro

But it currently seems like you are forced to root your device in order to use them. If your device is rooted the easiest solution would be setting SELinux back to permissive, but I can't recommend as I have not tried this and it possibly weakens your security.

Hi guys, no news about uploding on arduino clone? What can we do to upload a sketch to a ch340g usb-to-serial chip?
Thanka so much

hi ive recently downloaded this app and purchased an otg cable,
I currently have a Samsung S5 running lollipop.
i have followed all the instructions to selecting the right board connected it up selected and compiled the blink sketch and went to upload the sketch to the arduino, but i get and end process error everytime,

Can anybody shed some light on this problem and help me out ?

Thanks in advance

Andy

how can i select port???

I have a USB hub with 3 arduinos.. it see's each but ArduinoDroid auto selects and use the last one i plug in.

Thanks
Shane

1 Like

I am using lenovo a7000(not yet rooted) and I have ft232 chip an arduino mini pro.
My phone supports has otg support too. I have tried using usb terminal app and shorted tx rx pins. It works like a echo code as it should work. Dtr pin too works. I have tried using a multimeter and my ardiuno too, it works.
But I am not able to upload sketch only from my phone using Arduinodroid. At present 5.0 lollipop is running.
I am able to upload sketchs from my Moto G 4g. It too runs lollipop os.
I am getting this error- (see Attachment )