How could arduino read GSM signal strength from an android?

My project is a line follower robot which reads the GSM and WIFI signals while moving , then it automatically goes to the location that has the higher GSM and WIFI signals ... i need to know how could i use my android to read these signals and send them to the arduino via bluetooth module

If your GSm and WIFI can do it,nice. Arduino does not have any networking capabilities on it's own.
Why a line follower needs WIFI and GSM ??

-Malhar

MalharD:
If your GSm and WIFI can do it,nice. Arduino does not have any networking capabilities on it's own.
Why a line follower needs WIFI and GSM ??

-Malhar

it's like a signal tracker

Check the documentation of the WIFI and GSM shield supplier if their module can tell the signal strength or not. It will be nice if you post the links to the WiFi and GSM module.

-Malhar

wi-fi should be a no-brainer.......no?

I mean when I use my phone to check for wi-fi netwokrs in my area, it shows me the signal strength/bars..etc

xl97:
wi-fi should be a no-brainer.......no?

I mean when I use my phone to check for wi-fi netwokrs in my area, it shows me the signal strength/bars..etc

so how to send this signal strength to the arduino

I'm curious 'why'?
This is a line follower, so the correlation with signal strength is irrelevant...!

You can query a GSM shield with AT+CSQ to return the RSSI value, and I'm sure the Android phones will have a similar function (if not exactly the same).

Signal strength of either is a pretty useless way of measuring distance if this is what you are trying to do.

^ I didnt even think that was going to be how it was used..

@ahmed3teba

you never said ANYTHING about sending this data to the Arduino.. in fact.. your question was the exact opposite, how can you read this with your Android (phone)