Moderators in International Forums

It would be nice to have moderators in the international forums, as most of the Arduino team doesn't speak those languages so they are left without any supervision.

Also, couldn't the old post in the international forums be transferred to the new ones? They don't have to be sorted in the new categories as happen with the main english forums, there was one subforum and there is one now.

chiva:
It would be nice to have moderators in the international forums, as most of the Arduino team doesn't speak those languages so they are left without any supervision.

Also, couldn't the old post in the international forums be transferred to the new ones? They don't have to be sorted in the new categories as happen with the main english forums, there was one subforum and there is one now.

It would be nice to have more moderators in general (it was said there would be), at the moment, things seem to be running peachy but no doubt the spammers will pick up and come back soon (and other general things need to be moderated).

Mowcius

I can only say the same thing as the two above me. We need more moderators. On some times of the day there comes at least one new page under "unread" per hour, and I don't think the moderators that are now read through everything, even if that sometimes is needed to stop spamming or similar. Take some of the most active members (Grumpy_Mike for example) and make them moderators. There are many members that have more post then the moderators, and I think they would at least think about it.

JanD

Guys,

we are going to make a call for moderators, just let us fine tune this thing before we take the next step. It should happen during the incoming week.

/d

The people from above have listened to us.... :slight_smile:

Jan

Great news - thanks :slight_smile:

Any comments on moving the threads?

chiva:
Any comments on moving the threads?

I would have thought that as a moderator this would be possible - I'd wait and see what happens.

No doubt things are still busy sorting out bugs so I'm happy to wait a little longer to see if we get this functionality.

Sure,

moderators will have that in their ability-list. One of the ideas is to bring those threads from the old forum that are relevant to the new one. I guess that it makes no sense to import all of the "how do I plug my board to the computer" topics, with just one or two of the most significant ones would be enough.

Also, it is possible to make subcategories in the language boards, and this is a chance for the international moderators to arrange the posts in a better fashion. E.g. Spanish is always a challenging language because there are so many different countries that are speaking it, and some of the issues we usually work with are strongly localized like where to buy components and so on.

/d

Thanks for the update!

Completely agree.