Is there any official release date for the Arduino Zero?

Hello, is there an official release date?
If not about when is it going to be? Thanks.

As far as I know the Arduino team doesn't have fixed dates ahead of things. When it is ready, it is ready.

From the link you posted i see that it's not going to be released before the end of September.
Thank you.

Arduino Uno means "one".

So there will be an Arduino Zero.

So - what comes next after that? :astonished:

Uno Due Tre Zero ...Quattro?? :~

Peter_n:
As far as I know the Arduino team doesn't have fixed dates ahead of things. When it is ready, it is ready.

Anyone know if there is a way to sign up for an email notification when they are released? I checked, but I couldn't find anything...

(un-official: subscribed for repiles from this thread. ;))

So - what comes next after that? smiley-eek

"meno uno" (minus one)

My guess is that it will be launched at the New York Maker Fair, or failing that at the Rome Maker Fair.

my uno's are actually called elevens. is that what this is? please dont make me get another one i got a mega and two unos/eleven it will have to do something pretty cool to make me go down to jay car again

my uno's are actually called elevens. is that what this is?

No, and they are not Unos either, they are clones.

The zero is more like the Due than anything else:-

arduidiot:
My UNO's are actually called elevens. is that what this is?

The "eleven" by Freetronics, marketed by Jaycar (or direct) is a UNO; an approved clone, physically enhanced as detailed in that link but electrically, entirely equivalent. It is deliberately fitted with crystals in both positions instead of a resonator on the CPU; if anything it is somewhat better than a UNO but you can certainly consider it is equivalent.

arduidiot:
Please don't make me get another one I got a mega and two UNOs/eleven it will have to do something pretty cool to make me go down to Jaycar again

We have no intention of forcing you to do anything against your will. We may remind you whenever you mention doing something clearly unwise. :astonished:

After 6 months without any news it would be great to receive just a small info saying

• whether it will be canceled or released and roughly when.
  • estimate price.
    Thanks.

It seems this product must have died a quiet death, as nothing has been said about it in months. Can anyone confirm this?

I think that no news just means no news.

The Due took well over year from being officially announced to being on general sale. Technically the software is still in beta another year after that. The wheels at Arduino run pretty slow, and the Zero is in partnership with Atmel, so they are a factor also.

I understand with the Zero there is a new IDE, so I imagine that will be taking a lot of time to get right. But on past trends I would expect it will be late 2015 before we see Zero on general sale.

A lot of guessing specially on the companion chip. This may be the point where ATMEL and Arduino have to find an agrement that lets the ZERO as well as the future mbed boards live peacefully side by side.

Technically speaking the guys at Arduino don't owe us users anything. However since they have "spoken" to us announcing the ZERO and we have listended to them it woud be correct and fair to let us know about the progress once in a while (>6 months now!).

Please guys, come one...

If you are able to get to Vegas,USA in Jan then maybe you can get some info out of Atmel.. http://enable.atmel.com/CES2015

So, when they say "zero" they mean "non-existent", vaporware?

I did earlier comment on the novel naming.

Ground zero?

I was wondering if I have a Atmel SAM D21 Xplained Pro could I test any of the software eco-system for the Zero. From what has been explained so far it looks like the Zero is just a Atmel SAM D21 Xplained Pro in the Arduino form-factor.

Thanks

The only info on the real thing available up to now.