MKR 1010 - Factory Reset

Hi;

I'm having problems re-configuring the crypto-chip and am wondering if there is a way to do a factory reset on this board? If not, how I can reset the crypto-chip in order to reconfigure.

Here is my problem:

1. Yesterday I was following the tutorial on how to get this board up and running on the cloud. There were no issues and I was doing the tutorial with the LED, being able to switch it on and off in the cloud.

2. The program uploaded fine, but I wasn't able to communicate via wifi to the mkr 1010. It tried connecting, but would fail to connect.

3. As a result, I wasn't able to control the LED.

I tried a few things to trouble shoot, as a last result I chose to delete the configuration online and see if I could try again, reconfiguring everything.

Moreover, this board doesn't even appear in device manager anymore.

However, when I try to set it up, I can't get past the Crypto-chip configuration. The error message states

"We weren't able to configure the crypto-chip. compilation error".

I've also noticed that I have to reboot in order for Arduino Create to see the MKR board after this occurs.

If I try device manager or IOT, it will just open the main menu in a new web page.

I'd appreciate any help. I'd rather reset everything if I can, I have nothing critical on this board.

Thanks!

Hi, the factory reset is not needed, as every time you perform the getting started the crypto chip generates new cryptographic material (which basically is the same as a "reset"). So no "factory reset" is needed, as you can perform the getting started how many times you like (obviously at each getting started you generates new credentials, so the previous ones become obsolete and a new device is added to the Device Manager).

In case of WiFi issues, you can try these troubleshooting steps: FAQ: My device can't connect to WiFi or to IoT Cloud...

Anyway it seems there are lots of things going on here.

Cornejo:
Moreover, this board doesn't even appear in device manager anymore.

Did you manually deleted it from the Device Manager?

Cornejo:
However, when I try to set it up, I can't get past the Crypto-chip configuration. The error message states

"We weren't able to configure the crypto-chip. compilation error".

Can you please try again and provide the console log? (F12 then copy what is in the console tab)

Cornejo:
I've also noticed that I have to reboot in order for Arduino Create to see the MKR board after this occurs.

This is very strange. Have you tried restarting the Arduino Create Agent or detaching and reattaching the board instead?

Cornejo:
If I try device manager or IOT, it will just open the main menu in a new web page.

By "main menu" are you referring to the Arduino Create home page (the one with the 6 squared boxes)?

Couldn't configure board at port /dev/ttyACM0. Upl… Touch: Open port /dev/ttyACM0: Permission denied

dadhich:
Couldn't configure board at port /dev/ttyACM0. Upl… Touch: Open port /dev/ttyACM0: Permission denied

Try this:
https://www.arduino.cc/en/guide/linux#toc6

Hola, tengo el mismo problema que el amigo CORNEJO, y ocurrio el mismo dia (17 abril 19), mi MKRWIFI1010 me dio conexion, incluso pude abrirlo en otros dispositivos con el "gancho web", luego quise empezar desde el principio, y ¡¡" No pudimos cargar el código de configuración del chip de cifrado en su tablero"!!! y ya no hace nada, no carga bocetos, solo mantiene led verde "on" y el led naranja parpadea lentisimo. ya probe presionando 2 veces el boton reset y no se corrije. ¡quiero restablecerlo a fabrica! saludos.