Robotic fish [open for suggestion]

Good day everyone!

We are building a surveillance robotic fish that we want to control underwater. We are open for suggestions on what kind of remote control for underwater we need to use? And for the camera that is attached, we are planning to have a wireless livestream. Is it possible?

we are planning to have a wireless livestream. Is it possible?

If the fish is VERY close to the surface, and the Arduino has nothing to do with the video data, yes.

If the fish is more than a few centimeters below the surface, no. If the Arduino is expected to do anything with the video data, no.

Seems like most (if not all) of the remotely operated underwater vehicles use a cable for video link because propagation of radio waves under water has severe limitations.

PaulS:
If the fish is VERY close to the surface, and the Arduino has nothing to do with the video data, yes.

If the fish is more than a few centimeters below the surface, no. If the Arduino is expected to do anything with the video data, no.

Is there any way to save data from the camera using arduino? Like saving images
And what is the best to use for remote controlling our robotic fish?

Is there any way to save data from the camera using arduino?

Of course there are ways. The first thing you need to define is WHERE you want to store the data. The Arduino only has 2000 bytes of SRAM, so "in memory" is NOT where you are going to store the data.

Have you considered using, for underwater communications, modulated ultra sound?

Entering the words 'modulating ultrasound circuit' produces a large result set.

PaulS:

is there another arduino that we can use to make video wireless and can also control the fish??
Btw we are using towerpro Sg90 servo for the fish movements. for the camera we are going to use Ov7670. and for the tranceiver and receiver is IR

Does IR work underwater? I did not think so but I could be wrong.

Do not plan on using the arduino to handle the video signal.
The arduino can turn the camera on. It can point the camera in certain directions by using servos.
But it is not going to handle video signals.

Raspberry Pi is well suited to stream HD video. But by what medium will the images be transmitted?

PaulS:
Of course there are ways. The first thing you need to define is WHERE you want to store the data. The Arduino only has 2000 bytes of SRAM, so "in memory" is NOT where you are going to store the data.

We are planning to connect sd card to store captured images. Is it possible?

I have worked on a similar project once but it wasn't moving under water, it was floating on the surface of water. I have used HC-06 for wireless control and it has worked really great. During testing, it happened that fish was like half feet below water and still bluetooth worked. But as you are designign it for spy purposes so may be you have range issues.

I have posted the video on you tube, it may help: Robotic Fish using Arduino & HC-06 - YouTube Check the last minute where I am testing it.