Arduino Due & EasyVR

Hi,

Apologies in advance for newbie lack of knowledge

I was using an Uno and just got the Due in the post and I am trying to use it with the easyVR shield for a project with no success so far and was wondering if anyone could help me set this up

I know the EasyVR uses Uno pins 12 & 13 so does that mean I can just wire the shield to the Due for 3.3V and use SCL21 and the MISO on the Due SPI @pin74 (didn't work when I tried it)

Also the EasyVR generated code uses SoftwareSerial.h at the beginning as shown below (which I dont know what it is)

#if defined(ARDUINO) && ARDUINO >= 100
#include "Arduino.h"
#include "SoftwareSerial.h"
SoftwareSerial port(12,13);
#else // Arduino 0022 - use modified NewSoftSerial
#include "WProgram.h"
#include "NewSoftSerial.h"
NewSoftSerial port(12,13);
#endif

#include <EasyVR.h> // EasyVR Library
#include <SPI.h>

and this is throwing back:
Fullsystemcircle1.ino:3: fatal error: SoftwareSerial.h: No such file or directory
when I try to upload

Many thanks in advance for any advice

compilation terminated.

As far as I know, the Due doesn't have a software serial library yet. However, the Due has plenty of hardware serial ports! You will need to rewrite the code to use Serial1, Serial2 or Serial3 instead. These pins are found on the "communication" header. Also, make sure that the EasyVR does not output 5v on its serial line as this could damage the Due.

Thanks for the reply, its all a bit over my head but sure ill give it a go and hope for the best