specifying a voice for TTS?

Let me start by saying that 1) my username is super duper accurate and 2) I don't know which board to use, but I truly appreciate any help that is given to me! I was told that I should use C++ if that helps.

The project that I'm trying to do is using the chatbot that I'm building, to get it to be always listening so that it can answer anything without requiring me to constant hit a button (like Annyang except i want to be able to use it without an internet connection), and have it verbally respond to me using the chatbot's answers.

So far, I have figured out that I need a listening code (i don't know if that's what it's called?) and a TTS library to eventually integrate with the chatbot. However, I really really don't want to have a creepy robot voice talking to me. So how do I find a voice program that I can tie to TTS library?

This is the TTS library that I've found, GitHub - jscrane/TTS: Arduino Text-to-Speech Library but I'm not sure how to determine its capabilities. Does it have a good grasp of language?

As for the type of voice, I'm trying to find something that sounds like a preteen or childish.

I'd like the final product to still be on the small side so that it is highly portable, but I don't know if that's possible?

I'm not sure how to determine its capabilities.

Try it out and let us know what you think. Any Arduino will work.

Of course, you could also read about other people's experiences, such as this link posted on the library page.

jremington:
Try it out and let us know what you think. Any Arduino will work.

Of course, you could also read about other people's experiences, such as this link posted on the library page.

Thank you so much! I'm going start experimenting