Mac OS mountain lion Not detect Arduino Serial Port

Hello
Today I update my mac to the last version of Mac OS Mountain Lion.
The problem is now after open the IDE on Ports Menu it wont show the arduino Serial Port /dev/tty.USB0 as expected
Soo now I cant upload codes.
I also try to connect my ftdi232RL mini board and it is not displayed to in the IDE
Anyone else already upgrade to this version?
If I go to mac system info it shows this:

FT232R USB UART:

ID do produto:	0x6001
  ID do fabricante:	0x0403  (Future Technology Devices International Limited)
  Versão:	 6.00
  Número de série:	A600JRD9
  Velocidade:	Até 12 Mb/seg
  Fabricante:	FTDI
  ID da localização:	0x04100000 / 2
  Corrente disponível (mA):	500
  Corrente necessária (mA):	90

Could it be a IDE problem or a Mac problem?

You probably need newer FTDI drivers.

Is there any way to see all tty.??? devices on the mac to see if it is recognesed?
On linux I can do something like tail -f /var/log/messages
Is there any similar command on mac?

HugoPT:
Is there any way to see all tty.??? devices on the mac to see if it is recognesed?

ls -l /dev/tty*

HugoPT:
On linux I can do something like tail -f /var/log/messages

dmesg at the terminal
Console from the GUI (in Applications -> Utility Folder) contains all log files

System Profilier (Or System Report in [Mountain] Lion) available from Apple Menu -> About This Mac -> More Info / System Report

HugoPT:
Is there any similar command on mac?

Yes lots of options.

Problem solved
It really need to install the FTDI drivers.
I found this tuturial and works great
http://geekscape.posterous.com/mac-os-x-17-lion-upgrading-ftdi-usb-serial-dr

HugoPT:
Problem solved
It really need to install the FTDI drivers.
I found this tuturial and works great
http://geekscape.posterous.com/mac-os-x-17-lion-upgrading-ftdi-usb-serial-dr

This solution is not working for me =(

I did this and it works perfectly fine (Mountain Lion under a MBP Retina), alas is the port the lowest in the list (was always on top), but it works!

Warning: the old crashing problem is introduced once again. So if you are sending Serial data don't disconnect the USB before closing the terminal or your mac will crash!!! For me this is the only way I can crash my mac in normal use b.t.w., I have never experienced it in other situations!

Know this is an old thread but the title is popular with people with a similar issue and there are lots of them it seems.

What worked for me is to look in the /Library/Extensions/Java/Extensions I found a file RXTXcomm.jar in there (from 2006) I trashed it and re-started Arduino... success! took me many hours to find it. You may have to show hidden files in the finder which requires Terminal and the following command (defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles TRUE) when done replace TRUE with FALSE and you're back to normal.

Since your original post come up to the top of Google search I hope this works for others too.

What worked for me when the USBmodem port stopped showing was pretty simple, but easy to overlook since the steps are specific. It requires getting the Arduino to reset by removing all power and allowing the Arduino port to reset when the IDE restarts:

1. unplug from the Arduino the power cable (if being used) and USB cable; all power needs to be removed from the Arduino
  2. quit the IDE if it's running
  3. re-attach the USB cable to the Arduino (but don't attach the Arduino power cable yet)
  4. restart the IDE

Check the USBmodem port is now showing up as a menu option. If it is, now you can re-attach the power cable to the Arduino.

Hope this works for others... I thought this would work because my Mega had the problem. When I plugged in my Uno (after restarting the IDE) the USBmodem port appeared, however, when plugging the Mega in, the port disappeared. That's when I realized the problem was with the Mega and not my Mac drivers.

voodoochemist:

1. unplug from the Arduino the power cable (if being used) and USB cable; all power needs to be removed from the Arduino
  2. quit the IDE if it's running
  3. re-attach the USB cable to the Arduino (but don't attach the Arduino power cable yet)
  4. restart the IDE

Too bad, this doesn't work for me :frowning:
And sorry for diggin' in old threads!