SPI TFT library for due

hey everyone!

I bought two SPI TFT LCDs from China off ebay; one with the ST7735R driver, the other with the ILI9341 driver

I'm wondering if anyone has had any luck with the SPI versions of TFT LCDs on their DUE; it looks like plenty of people got the non-SPI versions working...

I know Adafruit has a nice SPI TFT library for the ST7735, but it needs to be ported over to the DUE.

Also, seeed has a library that works with the ILI9341, but it also needs to be ported over. Actually, I was able to port it quite easily (changed port declarations) but it doesn't seem to be working on my LCD or perhaps I'm doing something wrong.

I also found an ATMEL software framework for the ILI9341 but I can't tell what this is or if it'll work with the DUE, thoughts?

So, anyone have any luck with the SPI TFT LCDs? Any pointers or libraries I should check out? Thanks for the help!

EDIT: looks like someone ported over the adafruit library; however, after hooking things up I'm still only getting a solid white screen. I wonder if the ST7735R is that much different than the ST7735...

I haven't gone back to try to port the Adafruit displays, on to other projects.

Kendricks ST7735 library works perfectly with the 7735 driver. Perhaps your wiring is incorrect, especially the reset wire? Then you should check out the handshake sequence of the new driver (refer to datasheet). They should be similar enough so that adding couple lines of code should get them to talk to each other correctly. And ofc the data/command pin is very important, which is somewhat not noted in the quickstart guide.

Hi man
I have been trying to interface arduino due,have been able to do that using software spi but not able to do so using hardware spi. I have already checked other threads and have not been able to solve the problem. Could you please help me out?

titous:
Also, seeed has a library that works with the ILI9341, but it also needs to be ported over. Actually, I was able to port it quite easily (changed port declarations) but it doesn't seem to be working on my LCD or perhaps I'm doing something wrong.

FYI: I modified Seeed's libraries to enable text rotation with their V2.0 LCD shield. I don't have a Due so you're all on your own.

Libraries and info here: SeeedStudio TFT V2.0 text direction added - Displays - Arduino Forum

Regards,
-__-