SPI MOSI less than 5V. Arduino dead?

So I've been banging my head against this for a few days and I have come to the conclusion that my Arduino is dead.

I'm using the Arduino Uno (R3) board to drive an SPI device. What I'm seeing is that MOSI never outputs over 1V. But the odd thing is the logic is on the line. If you look at this capture you can see yellow is SCK, blue is MOSI and pink is chipSelectPin. Reading the bits left to right with the cursor line I can make out 0010 1110 which would appear to be 0x74 which is my first byte sent over SPI. But maybe at this point I'm just seeing ghosts when nothing is there.

The code used to drive this screen capture is inline in this post.

I have found this post: SPI MOSI Output less than 1V. Which seems to be the exact same behavior.

If I put the MOSI pin, 12, to high using digitalWrite it goes to 5V.

The user in that post found their board was dead. So should I assume the same? Or am I making a simple programming error?

#include <SPI.h>

SPISettings nRF8001(2000000, LSBFIRST, SPI_MODE0);

const int chipSelectPin = 7;

void setup() {
  Serial.begin(9600);

// Initialize SPI
  SPI.begin();

pinMode(chipSelectPin, OUTPUT);

delay(100);
}

int16_t readWriteStuff() {
  SPI.beginTransaction(nRF8001);     // Gain control of the SPI bus
  digitalWrite(chipSelectPin, LOW);  // Assert chip select
  SPI.transfer(0x74);                // Send 16-bit command
  SPI.transfer(0xA2);
  digitalWrite(chipSelectPin, HIGH); // Deassert chip select
  SPI.endTransaction();              // Release the SPI bus
  return 0;
}

void loop() {
  int16_t result = readWriteStuff();
  Serial.println(result);
}

Have you tried as suggested in the post you linked to toggling the offending pin high/low using digitalWrite without it connected to anything apart from your scope probe?

@Riva thank you. So yes, I thought I had checked that using digitalWrite would drive the MOSI pin to 5V.

If I put the MOSI pin, 12, to high using digitalWrite it goes to 5V.

At first I was going to say that and move on.

Then I decided well I want to make a screenshot of it. So I wired up my rig and I wrote this code.

void setup() {
}

void loop() {
  digitalWrite(SCK, HIGH);
  digitalWrite(MOSI, HIGH);
}

Pushed it onto the Arduino. Got this picture.

Wait what?

Then I re-read my quoted text above (specifically the bold part). Then I went to the Arduino - SPI page (specifically the table in the "Connections" section) and realized pin 12 is not MOSI but is MISO.

I moved the probe from 12 to 11 and I saw 5V.

So I put back my original code and looked and I got this.

In the end I just needed to re-evaluate everything from first principles. I made an error. Thank you for questioning me and forcing me to re-evaluate.

Glad you figured it out. Happy coding.